jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Insomnia :D

1. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

What do you do to stay awake?  Like, It's 4 AM and you know you can't go to be because You have to be up in a few hours. That kind of thing.

So, What do you do to keep yourself awake?  big_smile

could use some advice haha.

1. KeithTax profile image81
      KeithTaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish I could go to sleep. Without medication I go 2-3 days without sleeping. Eyes tend to burn when not closed for an extended period for days.

You can plan your day out at 4 a.m. to stay awake. That way you will hit the road running when you are ready.

1. wyanjen profile image86
        wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm in the same boat Keith. sad My all time record is 4.

When I'm in trouble, I mean if I get stuck like this- too late to sleep, too early to start - I get some Pepto because my stomach gets very upset and then I go outside for fresh air. WInter or summer, rain or snow, any fresh air helps me keep awake.

2. PrettyPanther profile image86
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

I saw your title and thought you would be asking for advice on getting to sleep.  lol

Try a quadruple espresso.  My fiance' is just now going to sleep (it's 5:30 a.m. here) after having one yesterday evening.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

hehe self induced insomnia? not sure, I have a messed up schedule do I go to bed around 3 am and wake up around 9:30

1. 0
      sophsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yikes how do you get through the day! lol

4. Yuki92 profile image81
    Yuki92posted 6 years ago

Not sure if I'm posting a little late, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

If you're up at 4 am and have go to go to work in a couple of hours, try and take a nap if you can. As long as you don't enter deep sleep, you should be able to recover a good amount of energy without using alternatives like energy drinks, coffee, pills etc...

By nap though, I mean no more than 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes of sleep time.

If you really don't want to sleep though, I'd have to agree with wyanijen; take a walk outside and get some fresh air.

5. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

A. get some caffine
    B. get some good headphones
    C. Get a good movie (I recommend something longer than hell like Lotor or kingdom of heaven)
    D. drink some of caffine (have to make it last until other people are around.
    E. play the song battle without honor or humanity. (its like the panic button if you think your about to fall asleep pause movie play song)
    F. watch the movie.

alternately play loud good music like rock or techno that make people want to jump around and dress funny.

1. Falsor Wing profile image86
      Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh btw if you cant sleep I'm probably awake to make a thread we can BS.

tell me if this helps I have to keep my blogs only  fan healthy