jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Blood pressure and its control

1. 62
    shamsyposted 6 years ago

Hello forum members,
    I will like us to discuss this topic together:
    What do you know about blood pressure and how to control it?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lets' hear what you really know about blood pressure and its causes. The hub you put up looks like its copied from a book. Or perhaps its a spun article?
      Prove me wrong.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image86
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

I know my husband works somewhere where two thirds of the upper management started on high blood pressure medications after working there for any length of time! smile

Seriously, though, they all go to the same doctor and he put the connection together rather quickly.  Most of them are on beta-blockers to reduce their body's reaction to stress.  It works but barely.  The others are on something else (name I've forgotten) that my hubby can't be on due to family history of heart conditions.  He told the doc but doc gave prescription anyway, hubby took them and the reaction was immediate.  He gave them away and now just tries to control his stress levels as best as he can on his own.

1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's sad how a workplace can do that to people. My husband worked for a guy who stressed out everyone around him because he was also stressed over every little thing. It was so bad many people quit to get away from it.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image86
        Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean~this place has a high turn-over rate.  It's one of the reasons we went into business for ourselves, ironically, it's less stress!