jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Mind Over Muscle: Motivation

1. HealthFreak2010 profile image61
    HealthFreak2010posted 6 years ago

Working out; though may seem more like a job; Since the making of Pumping iron millions of americans have flocked to the gyms. And with health clubs becoming more and more available and close to home, working out or "pumping iron" has become a part of many peoples lives. We schedual it: we say we are going to do it...today...but thats easier said than done. You get there and you see others working out, sweat dripping from their foreheads. Its like a punch to the face..discouraged, just because someone looks better than you or is sweating more than you is catabolic.You have to put your mind before muscle in order to obtain it. The right mind set is the best motivation there is when it comes to working out. You can take the best steroids on the market. But...if you dont put your mind to it...it would just be useless. Say: i want that pump! that rock hard feeling in the arms, the heat of your blood rushing through your veins. Picture yourself after that intense work out...and it shall be so. Its better than an ipod. Mind over muscle.

1. rafibarlev profile image61
      rafibarlevposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's an issue of building habits. It takes time, but once you get used to it it becomes automatic.

2. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

Nice pic. VERY nice.

I don't think I will ever work out; I really hate it. What I prefer is working, not working out. Being in good physical shape is the best feeling - your body is ready, willing, and able to do whatever you need it to. It makes one alert, in a good mood more often, and aches and pains go away.

Unfortunately I've been at home for over a year now with little ones again and needed to be working out. Even gentle workouts turn to weightlifting with little ones around since they automatically climb on you whenever they get the chance!

1. Misaque1990 profile image60
      Misaque1990posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Working out does seem to be a love/hate relationship to most. And breaking a mental sweat is good for the soul too. : ) But i tend to agree with you that taking care of  kids is probably the hardest workout anyone can partake in.

Thank you for the picture comment.

3. SixPackExercises profile image59
    SixPackExercisesposted 6 years ago

If you have a gym membership, all you need to do is go.  At least that's how it is for me.  Once I'm there everything becomes automatic, maybe it's partly the energy of the people you're surrounding yourself with.  And honestly, how hard is it to get dressed and drive somewhere?  Don't think about what you're going to do when you get there as it all falls into place.

4. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I love working out. I love feeling my muscles move, stretch, burn. I love the exahustion after, sweaty and tired and happy. Im alive!! I love the pain the next day, it says "I DID SOMETHING" I love how it feels to have everything do what is is meant to do.

5. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

True!!! if the mind leads the body will follow!!!