jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

life is interfering

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

Life is interfering, I want to settle down and write, yet feel emotional and not able to concerntrate. Can smell cigarette smoke constantly and I dont smoke. Like its in my aura and it is really getting to me. Too much male energy around.

Spoke to someone next door today, who scares me a little, who said they are selling drugs from downstairs and that her name is the same as some woman known for selling heroine.

Went to visit someone in hospital and noted that they had changed their patterns back to how they were 5 years ago when in the same ward. On the weekend, there were different nurses and he was coping well. With old staff in today, he was displaying old patterns that I hadnt seen for years. The nurses unsettled me and wanted to run their hands through all the clothing I took in for him and I actually didnt like the nurse who wanted to do that.

Made a bit of noise about it all to the patient representative officers phone, as psychiatric nurses should be good communicators, not distress visitors and be able to de esculate a situation, rather than esculate things and destroy respect and healthy relationships. So far they have enabled him to avoid being himself and honest and he has fallen back on old coping mechanisms to get through.

With a system that says its acute care or self referal, this really gets to me, as when he is able to connect, they will not let me come with him to see that their program suits him, as at the times they want him to go, he could say yes out of fear, and not get what he needs from a program, or they might not be the right people to treat him, as some of the psychiatric community are nuts.

2. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

I didnt think that I posted this under health if some magical fairy did thankyou.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The health care system is messed up some places. Maybe you could write a hub about that. There are a lot of people who get mistreated by staff, and you would probably get a lot of traffic! Not trying to demean what you are feeling, but it could help to start something.

My friend was always complaining about treatment, but I thought he just wanted to go home. Then I had surgery, and I thought they were going to kill me before I got out of that place. They went against the doctor's and surgeon's orders, having me out of bed 3 days before the surgeon said I was aloud to get up. He was furious.

3. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

oh, I hope you are well now!!

It just seems that all these little irritants are beginning to build up .....

1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to go somewhere, relax and meditate. Get outside in a grove of trees or something. Just get in nature and really look around you and be there. It's what usually makes a huge difference for me anyway.

4. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

your right. need to ground and just have time to breath, ... thankyou.

went to visit tonight and things were much better. I had left a message on the patient liason officers phone about nurses upsetting me etc and we had a smoother visit.

he has a really good nurse at the moment and that helps him alot.