jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

where does it go

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i had blood work done at the doctor today. i'm sure one vial was more than enough for the tests i need done. but they took two. why? where does the extra blood go? i'm curious because i'm listed as a non-donar so if they put it in the blood bank they're violating my wishes. i just wonder if it's some kind of blood conspiracy. what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

2. mcbean profile image85
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

A lot of test require the blood to be treated or processed in a way that makes it unsuitable for other tests. Sometimes people have to fill many vials to cover a full battery of tests.
    You will see that there are many different colored caps on the vials that indicate what is already inside them that mixes with the blood. Different color, different group of tests

3. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i didn't notice that. thanks for the information. i will be sure to look at them the next time i have blood work done.

4. MikeNV profile image74
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

While incredibly boring you may want to look at just how strict the rules are for disposing of bio waste.

No way your blood from testing vials could ever make it to any legal blood bank.

5. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

thanks i will check into that as well.