jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

i need some advise on how often I need to get my eye Test?

1. 60
    anitacuellarposted 6 years ago

Hi I am 28 year's old, i work with computers. Lately I have been feeling my eye sight very tired, also my eyes get really sore after a long day at work. I have not had my eye's tested  for at least 2 years. Need some advise here? I have read in www.visionexpress.com website that eye test should be done at least once a year?  Thanks.

1. ErictheGator profile image60
      ErictheGatorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are having a problem and haven't had a eye exam in 2 yrs., I would suggest seeing an opthamologist to find out what's up. The opthamologist will let you know how often to have your eyes tested.

2. Inspiration101 profile image72
      Inspiration101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's probably better to get a check up now if you're having problems. Then ask an eye doctor or optometrist how often you need to get tested.

2. pranav k profile image74
    pranav kposted 6 years ago

There is no fixed guidelines as to the frequency of the eye checkups is concerned.But getting a screening checkups once a two year might detect many of the irreversible occular diseases in time.
    If you are a Diabetic or have high blood pressure then the checkups should be more frequent-at least once a year.This again would depend on how controlled your sugar levels are or the blood pressure is.
    If you have somebody in your family with glaucoma or cataract then better get the checkups done more frequently.
    hope this helps.:-)

3. slideseven profile image60
    slidesevenposted 6 years ago

Anitacuellar, You most likely have had lots of advice about having your eyes tested by now as this posting is old.
    However, I have lots of experience with eye problems as I have glaucoma, and have posted a hub all about the things you can do to be alert, and heve your eyes tested on a regular basis.
    Like you, and millions of other folks, I am always on my computer - but the trick is NOT TO WORK TOO LONG on it.
    Limit your time and take regular breaks, if you wear glasses or not, for you are working with an electronic instrument that gives out strong white light from a monitor screen and demands constant concentration from your eyesight.
    Having my condition (glaucoma) I have to write everything in large fonts and then reduce them to 'normal' 12 pt size after I finish with an article.
    So, rest often, set a time limit that is comfortable for you, and DO get your eyes tested about every two years if you are under thirty, and every year from thirty upwards. Any good Optician will advise you on this proceedure that is totally painless and takes only about 15 minutes in duration. This way, they can detect any early signs of trouble with your eyes - especially formation of cataracts because they can happen to anyone - and not just Seniors.