jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

organ donation and you

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

how many of you would go for organ donation?..like pledging to give eyes

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am an organ donor (we get to choose when we get our driver's licence here.)
      I'd like to know that instead of rotting in a grave, the parts of my body still working are in use...

2. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

no one wants my body now.. why would they want it after I am gone?

3. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Check out my hub on this subject before making a decision.

The Hub is titled: Organ Donors Maybe Shocked

“Organ Donors in the US and possibly around the world may be shocked to learn just how much others are profiting from their gift. And I am not talking about an organ recipient.”

If you would like the link to become more informed about this issue I will happily oblige.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i read your hub..but in my country situation is pathetic..as far as organ donation is concerned...in usa as u wrote there are 80 million registered donors..while can u imagine what figures are in India?..last year only 110 people donated their organ!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I am a registered Organ Donor- I figure if I am dead and someone needs something I got-take it, all it will do if I hang on to it is rot... Why let it go bad if another person can utilize it and have a shot at a happy more productive life (that is just stupid).

5. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I've signed up so that they can have everything.  As long as I'm actually dead when they take them!  So what if someone profits - not as if I will have any need for money by then?

6. cupid51 profile image51
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

No I haven't gone for that yet, but I like the idea and may be someday I would go for that.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm registered for organ donation already.