jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

What makes you happier?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Are you happier when you earn a little bit of money from a hub or knowing that the information/help you have provided in a hub has really been of value to a reader?

Personally I am a bit torn. I love seeing that I have made some money and am noticing that if my amazon sales fall off my google ad sense earnings increase so can have a little excitement often. On the other hand when I get a comment like one I got today I want to dance around the flat! I love that a site review type hub got someone excited and might just be a great thing in their life, and that I am responsible for that.

I think maybe I really just want it all! big_smile lol

1. Daddy Paul profile image68
      Daddy Paulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am here to make money and share what I know. If you gain from my hubs great. If I make money great. I have learned a lot from others writing. Much of the writing here is very honest and shares life experience.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Money. There are people who would like me to feel ashamed of that, but I am not smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image93
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

For me, it's equal.  I love to be able to help people out, and getting paid for it, well, that's just a nice sweet little bonus.

The world is built on relationships and communication.  If we wern't able to form those two, then we'd still be slappin' sticks together and prayin' for rain.  I'd rather know that I've made a difference in the world.. but still, in order to do that, yes, I need a little cash flow.

Smell what I'm steppin' in? big_smile

4. kirstenblog profile image79

It sounds like perhaps folks would like a balance, between feedback that you helped someone and earning money. That sounds fair enough to me smile

5. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

For me it's all good.  I like making money and I like it if people have enjoyed/gotten something out of my writing.

Though, lots more money would be great! smile

6. kirstenblog profile image79

CMHypno, lots more money would be frickin spectacular! yikes

7. Arthur Fontes profile image92
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

The thing that actually motivates me to continue is checking analytics and seeing people from all over the world that actually spent time and read anything I wrote.  Everytime I see a new google I get excited to see what part of the world the reader was from.

8. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Personally, since I have a regular job elsewhere, I'm here solely for writing...and so nothing matters more to me than my work being read and valued. But I don't see why anyone here for money should not feel as happy at some appreciation of their work too. infact, I know lots of good writers here who are dependent on HP for money, but that doesn't take away from their talent in anyway... smile

9. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I am happy when people can find inner peace and joy when reading my material

10. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 6 years ago

What makes me happier here is that I can write about whatever I want to write about and if that's my drawing, horror movie obsessions and the occasional funny hub, then that's even better....but I'm still happier when I make money everyday here!

11. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I honestly don't care much about the earnings of my hubs-but I get gitty & happy when I have lots of comments left, and if I know it helped another person in some way.

12. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I agree with MOW, Im here soley to write and hopefully help somebody out. BUT this is really supposed to be a money making thingy and so I am happy for other people when they make money.

13. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

Real honest answer???
    Its the $$$. smile

14. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Right now it's the writing & sharing info.  Once I start earning money...I'm sure it'll be the money! hmm smile

15. winky123 profile image61
    winky123posted 6 years ago

i dont know

16. tfhodge profile image61
    tfhodgeposted 6 years ago

'Feeling' happy and 'being' happy are quite a distinction. With or without material things, I am happy because I choose it, as well as choosing to be thankful.