jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Brazilian berry destroys cancer cells in lab, UF study shows

1. AcaiGuy1 profile image60
    AcaiGuy1posted 6 years ago

"A Brazilian berry popular in health food contains antioxidants that destroyed cultured human cancer cells in a recent University of Florida study, one of the first to investigate the fruit’s purported benefits."

1. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

UF, Located in Gainesville, Florida is very reputable too.

Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, which is one of the largest universities in the United States. It's been around a long time, and it is a research university.

Researchers there are the ones that developed Gatorade. It's the home of the Florida Gators.

If they say it's true, I believe them. I am happy they have found something to help.

Thanks for posting this.

2. Bariatric Surgery profile image61
      Bariatric Surgeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its really good for you, those berries can do wonders with diet and exercise well wink <snipped link - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

That is a good news, Welcome to HP AcaiGuy!

3. AcaiGuy1 profile image60

Thanks it;s nice to meet you.

4. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

I've been drinking Acaia berry juice for over a year. It's very rich. I like the taste but I couldn't say if it's kept me from getting sick or not, since I've been sick 4 times in the last year with nasal/bronchial/asthma symtoms.  Eating lots of berries is definitely good for you for sure.

1. Glimmers profile image72
      Glimmersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi...no pun intended but as your name says, do not fear, discharges from the respiratory system are said to be among the body's ways of ridding itself of toxins..i've  switched to all natural herbal medicines and my kids and I haven't been hospitalized since 2006. we still get sick but I don't panic anymore-- coz I know that for every synthetic drug there's a natural counterpart so I don't have to rush to the hospital and be administered with the former... so far, so good but I'm also on the look out for symptoms that might need a doctor's attention...

5. AcaiGuy1 profile image60

This miracle berry can help you live longer and healthier and chances are you've never heard of it.
    It's called acai and it could help you ward off cancer, protect your heart, even prevent Alzheimer's disease, according
    to some research.

6. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Did you know that if you take nearly any disease and hold it for several minutes over the top of a bunsen burner it will kill the disease organism?

Should we all just light ourselves on fire?

What happens in a test tube or laboratory and what happens in the body are pretty different things.

Acai Berry is just an over priced imported fruit.  There are actually many other fruits that have a higher antioxidant ratio.

Clearly the key to health is eating real food.  But to push a fruit juice as being anti-cancer on it's own is nothing more than a marketing ploy.

1. Garrett McLee profile image60
      Garrett McLeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I fully agree with you.

Though I also feel that there's many people out there who should just light themselves on fire.

7. urba profile image61
    urbaposted 6 years ago

"Acai’s flavonoids include homoorientin, orientin, taxifolin, deoxyhydrose, isovitexin and scoparin...." Very specific list. This fruit must be studied more carefully