Let's Talk About Fungi and Remedies

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Do you know anyone with fungi nails and toes?Okay it may sound gross and the stores have all kinds of polishes to paint your nails. There are powders for athletes foot and other related problems. One can go to the doctor for pills.

Recently in the news I heard about a fungi that had resurfaced and killed about 10+ persons in the Pacific region.During the health contest I looked for certain topics but did not find them. Nobody talked about fungi and the damage to the body or a suitable herbal rememdy; and nobody talked about the spleen and related diseases. Of course the spleen can be easily removed if it becomes diseased so that is secondary.Or, maybe someone did and I missed the hub.But, hubbers will write about what will generate traffic and earn money.

Now that fungi as a disease is in the news, I am wondering if it is worthy of discussion in a forum so that interested hubbers can be better educated and informed. What are the implications of such a disease? Do we have a situation like H1N1 on our hands? Are there any safety measures?Hubbers are writers but some have expertise, links or knowledge they can share

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I've not heard of those incidents in the Pacific. interesting.
    as far as writing hubs about those kinds of health topics, I'm sure people would read them if they could find them with a search.
    unfortunately, some hubs don't make it well in searches for various reasons, but those topics should be written by someone who either has the knowledge and expertise or someone who has thoroughly researched the topic.

even though I love the look of painted nails, I've stopped using nail polish. I just shine and buff. boring, I know, but safer. I don't go to gyms where germs are everywhere.

I've seen too many hubs giving out medical advice with no disclaimers and no medical background. If I'm reading about something that's life threatening, I want to make sure my source is in the medical field and consult with my doctor.

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
      aoiffe379posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks rebekahELLE. I hear you and agree that such topics should be written by someone with experience, knowledge and expertise in the medical field after much research. I will wait and see how long it will take before the news begin spreading around the internet like H1N1- which is old news now. This new one is an airborne disease and has mutated since it struck last- about 4+ years ago.