jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Service for women undergoing Chemo

1. ahostagesituation profile image77
    ahostagesituationposted 6 years ago

I'm going to try and get around to writing a hub on this and a few other health resources, but I'm posting a link to a site for women with cancer, undergoing cancer.  It's a nationwide cleaning service for women with a faxed Physician's confirmation of treatment. You type in the woman's zip code, they put you in contact with a participating cleaning service in the area.  http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

2. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

That will be a great hub! So many will be helped and at a time when they need it most. I am fanning you so I won't miss it:)

3. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

I wonder if dysplasia counts as cancer? I got a call a few years ago from the cancer society saying they were checking up on people who had had cancer but I never have! How the heck am I on some registry? I haven't had insurance for many years and if I have a pre-existing cancer diagnosis, it won't help.
    The woman on the phone went on to tell me I could have free checkups but when I asked what would happen if it was positive, she had no answer. She just figured I would want to know so I told her if I do have cancer, I DON'T need to know since there's nothing I can do about it.

Do either of you know about getting on some list without your permission or if cervical dysplasia is considered actual cancer? The women in my family get breast cancer anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
      h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cervical dysplasia has grades - levels. It is considered precancerous in low grades, but gets more ominous at higher grades. I for one would not ignore it especially since it can be easily cured in low stages.
      First I would get a copy of the reports - they must have your paps test with the pathology on it. It should say what grade the dysplaysia is.
      Depending on where you are there may be Univerity or teaching hospitals who have clinical trials on new treatments. Sometimes you can get services for free that are the soon to be new leading treatments. That is what I did as I had no insurance back then.
      I would also check to see if your state has a program providing the services you need. I know Illinois has womens programs for mammograms and pap smears that are free or reduced. The goal is early detection and treatment.
      I survived cervical cancer back in the 80's - you can do it too! Trick is to get treated asap. Good luck to you. Holly