jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

how Jogging is Better For Health

1. nagraaj profile image61
    nagraajposted 6 years ago

what is better way of doing jogging?
    what are the precautions we can take?

1. Betty Reid profile image61
      Betty Reidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The main precaution is don't do too much too soon.  Start with alternating running and walking, maybe just alternate walking three minutes running one minute for fifteen minutes.  Even the elite runners have to be careful not to overdue it in order to avoid injuring themselves.

nagraajposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks For your valuable reply.....Have a Nice Day .....take care bye

You can get more details about health here...you can suggest me for the better information....

http://healthbeauty.blog.co.in/

2. edguider profile image79
      edguiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed with Betty! Start by walking fast and then move on to jogging but do not overdue it. I walk about 1 mile a day and jog another mile back home smile

3. 62
      perry15posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello Friends......

Stress relief is huge benefit of jogging. Whether by allowing you the time to think about life's problems or time to escape them for awhile, tension easily flies by the wayside as you fly over the miles.

Aside from just the stress relief, jogging has also been proven to improve attitude. Running, especially outside and on trails, creates a release of endorphins that can cause euphoria (runner's high) or just a general sense of happiness.

Thanks

adi

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I've found that running is very detrimental to my joints as I age. I don't like it, but it's a fact for me. I'm not alone in this. Statistics show that brisk walking, for periods of 40 minutes or more, are as a effective as jogging. But there is a caveat. For every study you find that verifies this information, another will have a different take. However, swimming may be a good alternative. Biking might also, but there are some drawbacks regarding sitting on an ill-designed bike seat for many hours at a time.

Elevating heart rate for 20 to 30 minutes several times a week is the important aspect of any workout, I believe.

nagraajposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks For your valuable reply.....Have a Nice Day .....take care bye
      http://healthbeauty.blog.co.in/

2. edguider profile image79
      edguiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Jogging hurts my joints but I tend to walk fast at a certain pace to keep myself active

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Jogging is dangerous!!!

I prefer visualization of a healthy body during sleep

http://www.helpyourselfgetlucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/couch-potato.jpg

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's not cool, he just ate dinner and was taking a nap. After 3 days of marriage, believe me I know.  And I hope he never jogs, and hangs with Joey and Fred, the slobs, so they have no jobs, and they maybe dogs, but they are my slobs [not all at once.

May I add, that's a whole lotta man, wooooo hhhhooooooooo yikes

1. Greek One profile image81
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

stop looking at his 'package'

1. 0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

nope.

i hate when women like you objectify men!
            To people like you guess like me are just a sack of sperm attached to a 9 inch penis

sad

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
              SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sounds like one of those stories about the size of the fish they caught.  off to work - thanks for the chuckles u 2!

http://www.highliner.com/site/eng/images/image_captain_highliner.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
                  SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that's a good one - now really off to work...later..

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Like any form of exercise we are not all cut out for running.  People with joint problems should choose a different form of exercise.  For me I prefer Cycling... but it has it's own drawbacks.

working