jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

difficult names of the medicines

1. pranav k profile image74
    pranav kposted 6 years ago

can you remember the name of the last medicine you had?or was it too difficult to pronounce?or are you confusing it with another with a similar name?wouldn't it be nice if drug's names were palatable as very few of them?

1. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Medicine names are difficult sometimes. Are the names based on their components or what?

You're a medical student? That's cool. What kind of medical area are you going into?

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

My husband is disabled and on several different kinds of medication and I feel like I have had to learn a whole new language to speak to his Dr. and the Pharmacist.

3. pranav k profile image74

I am sorry to hear about your husband and your problem Ohma.I am in a similar but"different" difficult condition.I am a medical student.Imagine me having to remember all those and many more.Feels ridiculous at times....:-)

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OMG you have not not only learn their names, but their alternative names, what they do, what are their contra-indications, etc etc.
      Well done on being a medical student. You've chosen a great career and may it all go well for you smile

2. Ohma profile image81
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your concern we are getting through it.
      Thank you also for your vocational choice. I know it is hard but quality medical professionals are always in demand and they do so much for so many.

4. pranav k profile image74

thanx guys for the support...
    yes legendary hero ,i am a medical student.right now i am studying to become a doctor. i dont have to choose any particular area right now.that i will choose when i go for masters.

the names of medicines are based on different grounds. Which is the reason why they are confusing. I don't seem to get hold of the names at times. I have written a "just kiddin" hub on it.
    I am trying my best now so that i don't prescribe the wrong one to my patients later.      ;-)
    plz pray for me guys.for my patients too.who knows some of you might be the "unfortunate" ones.just kiddin...:-)

5. westdrug profile image61
    westdrugposted 6 years ago

Ha ha..good thought! However, if we can come up with some short forms and nick names for the most popular of medicines (like we had done for Mary-Jane if you know what I mean wink! )

Btwn, you can also check some of my hubs on similar contemporary medical issues.