What is the best form of charity? Why should people practice charity?

1. Goodpal profile image87
    Goodpalposted 6 years ago

I think social work is charity -- you are doing something for the society and people unconnected to your family and work.

Helping people (in any way, including money) is the best form of self-healing and self-growth. The best form of charity is to help people grow stronger and better.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Charity begins at home.  That means start with yourself and work outwords.

Be the best you can be.
      Do what you can for those that matter.
      Help those who help themselves.
      Be an enabler and empowerer to others - dont do FOR them but provide them with the tools to help themselves.

I volunteer for the Red Cross and Ambulance Service.  I dont like the thought that RC and Ambulance are making money out of the work that I do for others, but my heart is with those that are sick and dying.  I drive people to their cancer treatment.  It isnt for the organisation that I do this... it is the patient themselves.

I provide them with the tool (the lift) to help themselves with getting through the treatment.  I council them on the way, passively, to encourage their strength to get through a difficult time.

I love what I do... it gives me a sense of achievement.  I dont like the organisations for which I volunteer for, because they are unempathetic and in it for what they can get out of it... money to plough into advertising.

Did you know that it is only 1p in the £1 that actually goes to the people that the charity represents?