jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Speedin on 60/120's!

1. purpleangel47 profile image59
    purpleangel47posted 6 years ago

Finally! I feel like I'm truly running. And now I want to run faster. A good suggestion? Do 60/120's. My ARMY daughter taught me this. Run as fast as I can for 60 seconds, then walk for 2 minutes. I love it. I didn't even know I could run faster than I was running. smile Doing 60/120's has helped me break out of my comfort zone. Whewee! A challenge and worth it. Anybody ever done 60/120's? Are there other ways that work to increase speed?

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What your doing is called hit cardio, its very good for burning calories. I've seen people recommend doing this for 20 minutes, your body doesnt start burning fat until 15-20 minutes into a workout. Ive done hit for 60mins at a time before, you'll lose weight fast once you workup to 45mins plus.

purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you optimuss grimlock! Hit cardio ... didn't know it was recognized by another name. I love it! It's definitely helping me .... I'm working on increasing my time ... Thank you again

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
          optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love it to. Less women at the gym I go to now as oppose to the one i belonged to for 5 years, cardio is harder now.

I'm a member of Lynn Brick's gym. They have co-ed locations, but I usually to the one that's all female. They seem to do a fairly good job focusing on cardio - many classes. I tend to stick with the treadmill, elliptical and occasionally weights. I like the female-only better. I tend to be self-conscious when I'm working out. And being cute is the LAST thing on my mind when I'm in sweat mode! smile

2. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 6 years ago

When I run on the treadmill, I usually run for the first 5 minutes, sprint for the next few minutes, run for another couple minutes, then walk fast for the next 20 minutes or so (it's usually about a 30 minute run/sprint/walk combo). I like it, because in the last 20 minutes I watch a video on my PSP.. so I'm getting a workout and watching good tv/movies. big_smile

:0) .... I admire your coordination Origin. Apparently I need to work on mine. I was in the last stretch of my running workout one time; in the zone; legs pumping to whatever music I had jumpin on my IPOD. And I got hooked on a newscast on one of the four television monitors stationed in front of the treadmills, nearly lost my footing and ended up on the gym floor like my daughter did! LOL! Definitely wouldn't have been pretty!
      Sounds like a good workout you've got going there. smile

1. Origin profile image61
        Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea, it's not bad! Keeps me slim and in shape, which is good. big_smile

working