jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hook and be stress-free

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 7 years ago

Idle hands - you know that saying right? Well, keeping my hands busy has worked for me. And the most effective way is with my crochet hook. My Aunt Viv taught me to crochet when I was 16 years old and since then I've added new stitches and created many afghans and other projects. I made a vow to myself that I would never sit down to watch television or for any length of time without a crochet project in my hand - unless I was writing or reading. Crocheting helps me to think, regroup and while my fingers are flying, they are carrying my stress away with it. Try it!

1. Rafini profile image88
      Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like to crochet, but it doesn't help with my stress.  I really ought to take it up again....

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
        purpleangel47posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Try using it in a meditative way Rafini. Create a relaxing atmosphere: your fav candle or incense; your fav music or television program; and if you are more of a solitary person, make a date with yourself.  I hope you get back into and experiment with ways to have it ease your stress.

2. NorwinGalle profile image60
    NorwinGalleposted 7 years ago

Sometimes you also need to relax.All the time you can't keep your hands busy.

working