jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Has your "inner child" healed?

1. donotfear profile image88
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Remember 'the child within'?  Has it healed?  Would you care to share any freeing experiences?

1. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My child was never wounded. I protect him from every adversity,as I can cope with them, while he's there to keep my innocence alive.

2. edguider profile image61
      edguiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My inner child was wounded as well, I try to heal it everyday but sometimes it is impossible.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Donotfear,

My inner child is completely healed and I am a stronger force to be reckoned with because of the experiences.

I understand the wisdom of keeping the child alive in oneself, because it allows each of to laugh at ourselves whenever the time is warranted. But, it also shows us that responsibility for our actions is where we are to hold ourselves accountable, as a growing teenager into adulthood.

I learned at a young age, life wasn't cracked up to be what people had been telling me and as I grew up, I also realized that I cannot please everyone all of time. Therefore, I am to set myself apart from those, define who I am and what my purpose is to be, and find the love and compassion that I require to live a happy and healthy life.

I do not know if you've read my story about my father? But, childhood wasn't really a childhood for me. My mom worked two jobs, just to pay the rent and put food on the table, while my father did very little to help her(this is after the divorce).

The story about my father is just a summary of my early life. And, there are a lot of other things not included in that hub.

So, now I stand on my two feet, voice who I am and why I am here, so people can realize they are not alone in their search for answers, regardless of what the questions. The obstacles we have in front of us(each person) is put in front by ourselves.

Therefore, many struggle against themselves and do not know that they are doing it. smile

Nice thread. smile Nice to see you as well. smile

1. donotfear profile image88
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll make a point to go and read your story. This is very good input!  I don't think all of my 'inner child' is healed yet. I still have anger issues but at least I can talk about it, and yes, even laugh about it to some extent.  Thanks for your input!

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the compliment and You're welcome.

I am glad to see that you recognize you have anger issues and can talk about them. Seeing them is half the battle. wink

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

My inner child's been fine all my life.  It's my outer adult who seems to have an awful lot of anger issues - but I guess that's what happens when inner children grow into outer adults.  lol

4. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i never had an inner child. by the time i could talk i was expected to act like a grown up or face abuse. i guess that's why writing children's stories is so important to me now. i get to use my imagination and let me tell you sometimes i come up with pretty weird stuff. just think, if i had been allwoed to use my imagination as a child i would probably already be a best selling author with millions. now if only my parents had seen that potential i wouldn't be struggling in the writing world right now competing with several other authors who like me are just now exploring their inner child.

5. leeberttea profile image60
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

My child still has a boo-boo.... now if I could only get someone to kiss it and make it feel better...

1. 0
      Lecieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'll kiss it and put a rainbow band-aid on it. wink

1. leeberttea profile image60
        leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Uh...yesh uh... no thanks!