jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Chiggers!!!!! I hate those little pest!

1. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I thought it was too early in the season for these little pest. Well, I thought wrong. Friday at work I ended up getting into a bed of "Chiggers!"

Oh, the itching all around my ankles and a few behind the knee area. I am using Chiggerex Plus. It is highly recommended from medical site and from the Pharmacists.

But......Oh, how it itches!!!!!!!

1. Putz Ballard profile image59
      Putz Ballardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A real nuisance and when I was a kid, I'd pick berries and get chiggers. Nothing worse than chigger bites below the belt on the family jewels.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know NOTHING 'bout that!  hahaaa

Yeah we used to go berry-picking too, as kids;  we lived out in the country and were always in the woods or fields.   (sigh) nostalgia just hit me.......

2. profile image0
        ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I had them there in third grade. I cried when mom drowned them in alcohol. I moved North where we don't ever see them and people here know nothing of them.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

As a kid I used to get chiggers every summer.
    Yeah it's irritating.
    Sometimes I think itching can be as bad as a wound!

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It has been at least 30 years since I have had chiggers get on me. lol, still itches as bad as I remember.

3. profile image0

As far as over-the-counter remedies, I use that maximum strength clear Calagel;  seems to work pretty good for insect bites, etc.
    Haven't tried the Chiggerex Plus;  hope it works!

4. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

So far the lotions are working a few hours at a time.
    And...there were dew berries along the area where I was. Dang it...I should have at least gotten some berries for all this itching. lol Could have made a cobbler.

5. profile image0

haha
    yeah that would've maybe made it all worthwhile!

6. donotfear profile image92
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Heck we've just come into the season. They are ruthless. Horse flies are out bad, driving our livestock crazy. Hit near 100 today. Summer's here, chiggers & all!

I'm still nursing tick bites I got back the first part of May. They still itch!

Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also hate tick bites. Especially "seed ticks!" Growing up in the country in southwest Arkansas ticks and chiggers were common every summer. I have been lucky for decades here in central Arkansas until this past Friday. lol And I was at work when I got them.
      Maybe I should turn in a "worker's comp" ticket. lol let them pay for the lotion.

1. bladesofgrass profile image66
        bladesofgrassposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have had my share of chiggers and know what ticks are..what i didn't know was there were "different" ticks. hahaha Seed ticks is a new one for me. I would definitely turn in workmans comp lol

7. raisingme profile image90
    raisingmeposted 7 years ago

I had a "chigger attack" when I was visiting friends in Texas.  I didn't even know there was such a thing.  Nasty, nasty, nasty and they have no sense of social propriety whatsoever!  Tree Tea Oil helped a good deal.

8. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 7 years ago

Just a tiny dab of "real skin" will do'em proud.

working