jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Dream experts: what does this mean?

1. Danteh profile image62
    Dantehposted 6 years ago

Hi guys/girls!

I'm not usually into dreaming interpretation and such (mainly because I don't remember them) but today it was different.

What I remember is that in that dream I found someone who I had never met before. After some time with her I felt that I actually loved her, that I would die for her... and it was such a powerful emotion! The strange thing is that I also felt like I had known her for all my life.
    And when I woke up, suddenly understanding that I would never know her or even meet her again filled me with such indescribable sadness.... sad

The thruth is that I'm slowly forgetting her face, but still she reminds me of someone I know, and I can't find out who it is...

Oh well! I thought I had to write this down since it's been years since I remembered a dream and felt such strong emotions about it wink

Any ideas on what my mind is telling me?

Also, completely unrelated, but in that dream we both had to heal a horse... the horse was completely inmobilized, covered by a green layer of moss. Poor thing couldn't even breathe, and it was slowly dying yikes
    So strange!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
      ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Stranger:

Personifies the aspect of you that you long to know. She is not expressed and seeks to be expressed. This would be your higher self, and that's not just some nebulous mystical self. It is actually the self percolating underneath your external self. It is beautiful and perhaps more in tune than you allow it to.

The Horse:

The horse is an archetype for true love. It is free. You and your higher self is trying to heal your ability to freely love.

it could be freely love a passion you have in you which translate to freely loving another.

You seem to live on the realm of logic and external expectation. Your recurring dream is telling you to look within and find that aspect of yourself that unites you to your true self.

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
        AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ceciliabeltran, that's an analysis I'd concur with.

(I used to write a freelance dream analysis column.)

Oh, thanks for agreeing, I'm curious about your method. I use archetypes.

1. Danteh profile image62
            Dantehposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow that was impressive, thanks!! big_smile

It's quite spot on, since lately I've been really trying to find our who I really am, what I want to do... with whom I  want to be....

About finding love it's also true, I've made some difficult decisions but I'm trying to go on

And finally I am a Pharmacist (meaning, a scientist) so yeah I have to use logic all the time

I think I'll have to use my dreams more often wink

Oh you're welcome. Look back when you were 12 or 13. who were you then. Usually there is a short window where the real self is expressed before the roles imposed on us by society pressure us to comply. Try to remember what you enjoyed then and you'll get a clue what you have to explore returning to. smile goodluck!

I always say if you want to find your soulmate, find your soul first.

2. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I often try to interpret my dreams, one site I used to use was dreammoods.com, also think about what color hair she has and a girl who is close to you in your waking life(you may not fancy the real life girl but it may be telling you to give her a chance).. the subconscious mind has a abstract way of constructing thoughts, you just need to put the pieces together

1. bschrodt profile image61
        bschrodtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really you were on dreammoods so was I

3. 0
      sandra rinckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds to me like you are longing for companionship and deeper meanings in your life.  Is it possible that you are searching for something ideal when what you have is already there?

4. NightEmpress profile image60
      NightEmpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was someone you knew and loved in other life.
      In that case the horse represents the relationship. It seems both of you agree to stop a relationship that was slowly dying.

5. 60
      (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not much, other than your neurons are still firing.

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

It's natural that your mind is thinking about "attraction". And about that horse in dream i think you're hesitating on something in your life that could be one sign in your dream.

3. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

I don't know about dream interpretation but the IDEA of being in love is an emotion itself, as Shakespeare says
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
    one good reading of this is that we are in love first and then the girl (or guy) walks into that light and hey presto!

Maybe you are in love with the idea of being in love - in which case look out you will probably fall head over heels for the next cool chick who smiles at you big_smile

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

It means you will meet a woman who will truely change your life 100%

1. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you see an image in your dream? What is your surroundings in your dream?

5. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Dreams are very tricky, but they are really about ourselves, not about others. Those we see in our dreams are an extension or a reflection of ourselves. In your dream you met someone who understands you, who you really connect with. What that says is that you are trying to really understand yourself and really connect with yourself. You're trying to understand how to love and accept yourself unconditionally.

When you are able to do this, you'll attract others in your life who are like-minded, and therefore your connections really will be more unencumbered by other unresolved, emotional issues.

You are the answer you seek. All others who come into your life are there to show that very truth.

1. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Daniel..  You may not quite be  on the bulls eye but only a finger width away.
         He almost came into full contact with the side of himself that he has always wanted to love. 

Everybody else get your mind out of the gutter. It aint like that.

6. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I just found Dreammoods had the best & most concise descriptions