jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Multiple Disorders

1. jeffreydonald profile image59
    jeffreydonaldposted 6 years ago

I have been diagnosed with multiple personality disorders.  BPD, NPD, and PPD.  What is the best resource out there to help with people that have more than one of these debilitating disorders.  I have had multiple marriages fail because of it, substance abuse, impulsivity, etc....  Anything anyone has out there would be helpful.  Thanks.

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bond with ur family. And start talking about how you feel. Kudos, that you reaching out like this. Way to go, it only gets better from here. Find out over the counter options that can help. As well as non addictive rx.s that can help. Meditation, yoga,.. consider dancing, walking, etc. Adjust your lifestyle to help. Invest in brain teaser/puzzles to keep ur mind active/. Never give up. We are root'n for ya ;D.. I have faith in you.

It also may not be your disorder that broke your marriage up, they weren't the right one. They didn't have taste. 
      Smiles to ya ;D

enjoy big_smile

2. TheGlassSpider profile image80
      TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to specifically search out practitioners (Counselors, Psychologists, etc.) who are a part of, or who subscribe to, the Recovery Movement. Many other types of practitioners will wish to exert control over your treatment OR may tell you that there is little hope for you to be able to overcome that - THIS IS NOT TRUE. You may also wish to have someone re-examine your diagnosis; it is not common to Dx BPD and NPD together - the roots of the disorders are similar (i.e., the trauma involved with creating them and the subsequent lack of a stable "self"), however their presentations are different as well as their methods of treatment.

It may be helpful for you to find a support group for those who suffer from personality disorders.

I *just* got back from a class during which we examined the treatment of these problems (from a Counseling perspective); if you'd like you can email me and once I finish moving I can send you some more information.

It's a very brave thing to accept these diagnoses, share them, and wish for help. I wish you the best in your recovery - don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't succeed.

2. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

Hi Jeffrey

I am sorry that you've been having such a tough time.  I don't know when you were diagnosed with all these things - perhaps it was a long time ago?  I think there are two things that you need. 'Mentor, therapist, advocate' - sorry I don't know what jobs or terminology you have in america. 

I think you need someone to help you in the next stage of your journey.  This means looking at the various symptons you have and see what strategies you can use to minimise the effects and as boring as it sounds you will have to see what works and this will be slow.  You need the right person to help you.  (Not easy I know).

My second bit of advice is to do some honest soul searching.  Things that have gone wrong in the past - where you could have chose differently inspite of your illness.  There may be nothing, but it's a good idea to admit when we could have done things differently and learn from it.  A bit long - I really hope you get some help.

3. TruthDebater profile image59
    TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago

It is your mind, besides all of the titles the doctors have given, what do you think is happening in your mind when you have problems?

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this