jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

If diets worked then all would be thin!!!

1. 0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 6 years ago

Diets do not work. Explore the research. There are no magic pills, potions, patches, or pads. Fad diets are scams.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some diets do work, some don't, they work for some people, and not others.  Life is like that.

1. 0
        Gracie Sophiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Diets do not work. I am a former diet technician. That's the problem. The media says dieting works and the diet companies get richer and richer. Dieting works for no one.  That;s the point. I encourage you to read more on the topic and get the proven facts.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Um, a diet is any nutritional plan designed to reduce weight--sometimes with associated lifestyle changes.  They work all the time, one worked for me.  And I am a current behavioral psychologist, so there is no need to assume i am ignorant just because I disagree with you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Dieting is all about calorie count.

Calorie counting or managing does work. It takes a focused effort to concentrate on losing the weight and sticking to a regiment.

Sticking your fingers into something that is not on the menu, and over-indulging on it, is where many people go wrong.

An exercise regiment should also be involved, something to get the cardio pumping within your body. You burn fat when cardio workout is used.

Plain and simple. Diets- the ideology behind the word works. It is how it is implemented and the duration, that which determines the outcome.

3. jennshealthstore profile image87
    jennshealthstoreposted 6 years ago

Diets are not the way to go. It is all about eating healthy and maintaining a healty life style. If you go on a diet and lose the weight, what happens after you stop the diet? You once again eat the way you were before and then gain weight. Your best bet is to eat the right foods, all the time.

4. WizardOfOz profile image61
    WizardOfOzposted 6 years ago

I don't diet.  I was thin but then I started training and ate a chocolate bar after each session with an iced coffee.  No fun being thin.

5. Lady Rose profile image60
    Lady Roseposted 6 years ago

I diet for so many years, losing 3-5 kgs and regaining them as soon as i stopped dieting. Finally i stopped. A healthy natural vegetable full diet is the best option, with occasional treats and no calorie counting. One thing i do is to drink a lot of water, green tea and fresh juices. Taking a spoon of coconut oil before meals helps me feel full and boosts my metabolism amd actually helps lose weight. When combined with vigorous regular exercise, it works so well!

6. 0
    dietsandvitaminsposted 6 years ago

Of course diets work. You can't give up but you are correct there are no magic potions or pills. Diets take effort, will and work differently for everyone because our body's are different. The concept is quite simple for most, you eat less than you expend. Some people have an extremely hard time following through and thats ok but you need to keep on trying unless you truly are happy with where your at than don't worry about it.

It's like anything you really want in life you have to work at it, some harder than others. Some people simply have really bad habits that they need to decide to break and until they do the "diet" won't work. I do realize there are medications and health problems that affect everything but most don't have those issues just really bad habits.

1. 0
      dietsandvitaminsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are working on eating good foods while on a diet than you can take those habits with you its a life choice for most people who are over weight you must change your eating habits or you wont succeed