jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

oh great..I have a Stress Test on Monday!Why the Caffiene Restriction?

1. ocdgirl2000 profile image60
    ocdgirl2000posted 6 years ago

I can't imagine living without my DUNKIN! I drink a huge mug every day! 24 hours without? They must be crazy! How do they expect me to RUN on a treadmill? Much less wake up and listen to directions from that barking cardiologist? BLAH BLAH BLAH! I'm going to cheat! One small cup, 4 hours before I go in. HA!

2. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Dunkin?  I saw so many of those things in New England it gave me nightmares.  Good luck on your test, study hard.

3. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Caffeine in coffee is altered and designed to be an unnatural stimulant to the body.  This alone causes stress on the heart.  They want to test the heart in it's natural state and without outside stimulation. smile Good luck!

1. royalblkrose profile image61
      royalblkroseposted 6 years ago

and how did the test go?  If your doc spotted an abnormality in the activity of your heart, the doc won't be able to tell if it was the caffein or your heart.. you have a problem!

2. handledepression profile image61
      handledepressionposted 6 years ago

goldenpath is right. Doctors want caffeine out of your system before they stress test you to know if it was just caffeine that is the problem or your heart. big_smile I hope everything'll be ok. Good luck!