jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Protecting your skin: Spray or Lotion?

1. RisingBreeze profile image62
    RisingBreezeposted 6 years ago

When using sunscreen, a number of people I see have been going for the spray rather than the original lotion. Considering they normally are still rubbing it in, I don't understand why a spray would be more popular, unless they tend to gush out the whole lotion bottle when applying it. Is there a real difference? Which do you prefer?

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I recommend the cream. Loaded in moisturizers. And when you get the highest uv protection. Use plenty of it, applying it often, can save your skin. Along with keeping you skin wet from the harsh heat from the sun. And, staying some what covered often.

RisingBreezeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am still using the lotion. I had recently picked some up for a real bargain and I would not waste it just because a different style of the same product was being offered. However, when I run out, I will want to use whichever I find more beneficial. I wasn't aware the cream had more moisturizers in it than the spray. I'd think that would be of basic import no matter the form sunscreen comes in, but I will have to take a closer look at both now that you've mentioned it. smile

Thank you for your input!

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
    Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago

Spray is the lazy man's remedy for simpleness and I preferred it because it was that much easier. smile I mean how easy can it get??? Although I found that we tend to use more and kids love to waste it.

When I bought it, it lasted a quarter of the expectancy time as the regular sunscreen. That being the kind that you are manually squeezing out and applying vs the quick spray that is easy to spray on excessively more often than you would if it wasn't so convenient.

You will pay more but it is fun to use and waste!

Ah, what a good point! In my head, I had been likening it to bug spray (a necessary chore), so I hadn't considered that it might be fun to spray on, making you more inclined to want to do it and remember to do it. Maybe that's why you seem to run out so much quicker than the regular sunscreen. wink The normal lotion is very easy to forget about and semi-annoying to do repetitively.

Thanks for your response!

3. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I like spray because on a hot day, I don't want anything heavy on my skin which is what the lotions feel like.

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of the heavy feeling of the lotion, except that it does make me feel like I'm being fully protected and I can normally tell if I missed a spot without looking. When you don't rub in the spray, it doesn't leave a weird sensation on your skin?

4. zrichards profile image59
    zrichardsposted 6 years ago

I recently went golfing in Arizona and the spray was perfect. You absolutely have to have sunscreen in the summer in AZ, but I hate getting my hands all greasy with the stuff before I golf. The spray is a simple solution to this problem.

5. PaperNotes profile image60
    PaperNotesposted 6 years ago

Spray is just more convenient for people who don't like the feeling of sunscreen between the fingers. I guess it also feels cleaner that way and easier for hard to reach places like your back.

I've never used the spray sunscreen types since I'm uncertain whether it will stain your clothes or not.
    I prefer the cream or lotion too.