No joke. I just received this email:
Please Don't Erase this message before forwarding on!
This is Serious!
This incident happened recently in North Texas .
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat.
On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit.
She died on Wednesday.
The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis.
This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a
Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and
hence the disease Leptospirosis.
Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances.
It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part
of all soda cans before drinking out of them.
The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.
A study at NYCU showed that the tops of all soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e.). full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.
Please forward this message to all the people you care about.
I JUST DID
You might want to read this:
Edit: we think alike UW.......I was just a bit slower.
Thanks for the snopes link guys.
Am forwarding it back to the sender.
Living and Learning.
But, I do know someone at work who meticulously washes off pop cans that come out of the vending machine. I'm talking with soap and water...
I'm actually surprised that this story isn't true. Soda cans, beer bottle etc frequently get walked on by undesirables like rats and cockroaches usually in their mass storage area and I never drink out of a can or bottle because of this.
When the brewery delivered our barrels of beer (and they brought the cans and bottles with the same delivery, we always used to try and remember to check the underneath of the barrels for hiding cockroaches as that was a frequent cause of an infestation.
Cockroaches, like rats, live in sewers and cockroaches dribble regurgitated organic matter (which could be faecal) where-ever they walk. So , yes many disease can be spread this way though I wouldn't say leptospirosis specifically - I've got a feeling the protozea wouldn't live on the can long enough but I'd have to look it up to know for sure.
Suppose for your old grandpa or granny is at home and has fallen down of his bed and needs immediate help . Really a very crunch situation for an elderly man , this can be solved if an alert alarm system is being implanted.That can really help a lot in the cause and can be a revolutionary step in the industry.
Our apartment block watchman, a young man of 20 died a few months ago of Leptospirosis, Every organ of his body failed and his body was bloated despite treatment in the intensive care. I have a few doctor friends through whom we had him admitted to the best health care facility possible, the autopsy proved that it was rats urine that actually caused this problem.
I can assure you that this is possible as the young man had only one weakness for good food and coke.
by MPChris5 years ago
Okay, I don't put these warnings out lightly. I honestly believe in the advertising sharing revenue model, so this has nothing to do with that.Rather, to promote one of my Hubs, I went to Suite 101, and wrote a nice,...
by AsherKade7 years ago
I was reading in my local newspaper how prisons(not county jails) were thinking of recouping costs of imploding prison populations by charging inmates for things like toilet paper, showers, laundry, and use of the gym,...
by lindajot6 years ago
If any of you here are praying folks ... my 27 year old son has been missing for 6 days - please - whatever your beliefs, please put out a prayer for his safety.
by Justalastwish6 years ago
I just want to know something beautiful in your life that has kept you alive, Something beautiful that keeps you alive.Something Beautiful that makes life worth living.I don't think i'm going to survive.Please give my...
by beckletts7 years ago
Interesting, I remember reading the exact same post a while back from a completely different person
by medicalalert105 years ago
Medical alert system is a life saving device for senior citizens who living independently at home. It is becoming a part of our life. It is life savior device. Medical alert jewelry such as bracelet, necklace, pendant...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.