jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Dont worry be happy!!

1. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Want a mantra for happiness???

Read on, you can do it . Just decide today come what may I will not lose my happines over it.

Worry, tension, anxiety, anger, fear take a toll on your life. By holding  on to them you can only make yourself vulnerable to diseases like hypertension, depression, ulcers, anxiety attacks and various mental and physical ailments.

The bible says you cannot add an inch to your life by worrying.... so why worry ???

One way to handle worry is to learn to laugh at yourself. Make a joke of the situation and exaggerate your emotional reaction a little bit and try telling your friends the funny side ... you can end up being a stand up comedian.

Just take a deep breath before you react... hold it long enough that you are chocking and your focus will change.

Take a long swig of cold water swirl it in your mouth for a while  and then react.

Close your eyes bring to your mind  a scene that is so pleasing to you and just wander through it for a while before you react.

The world does not come to an end because of a failure, delay, mistake or whatever causes you to worry.

You always have another chance. so let go....

Dont worry  - be  happy!! smilesmile

1. tabitha.studer profile image62
      tabitha.studerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read once that worrying is like praying for something you DON'T  want to happen.  I try to think of that when I start to worry and then I can refocus my thoughts on positive things!

2. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Wow, well said. Most Interesting and Informative, thank you so much for sharing this article on worry.

3. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I agree Sofs. People need to relax, pray on it, and then do what they think they need to do.  Things aren't as bad as they seem.

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

It's been my modus operandi for some time, to take things as they come..deal with them as best I can and let it go.

I also make a point of not worrying about anything that I have no control over.  I figure life's too short to waste time worrying about stuff.

Besides, nothing that happens has any real intrinsic value, good or bad.  It's the importance you personally place on things...as if to say..it's all in your mind.

Don't worry, relax..laugh..and be happy indeed. smile smile