Medicare Fraud

1. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Ninety-four people, including doctors, health care company owners, and executives, have been charged for their alleged participation in schemes to collectively submit more than $251 million in false claims to the Medicare program. This is the largest federal health care fraud takedown since Medicare Fraud Strike Force operations began in 2007.

1. Jillian Barclay profile image86
      Jillian Barclayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been in the health care field for 30 years, on the business side. Have worked for providers and insurance companies and have seen so much fraud and abuse it would shock most people. I started in this field working for a major insurance company auditing accounts for a government benefit program and reporting suspected fraud. The way to stop fraud is that employees have to report it! But let me tell anyone who wants to go this route-Understand that it will change your life. It is one of the hardest things to get through, because you have to follow through. It is worth every bit of grief that you will experience, because you will live knowing that you have honor and ethics. If more employees were willing to report fraud, than employers would hesitate to commit fraud...

2. NuVela profile image79
      NuVelaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, in the process, elderly patients are victimized by getting harmful radiation from unnecessary diagnostic tests, just for the sake of increasing a doctor's bill.