Pain management drugs

1. 60
    Kobaltblueposted 6 years ago

I have long held to the belief that Doctors are creating a entire subsection of drug addicts. Most Doctors that prescribe a narcotic medication for a patient do so in good faith but then as the patient moves into long term need the Doctor instead of listening to his patient will offer things that are extended release such as Oxycontin. This medication has a very high addiction rate and should be pulled off the market i think that if someone is using a medication such as lortab or percocet even with the acetaminophen as long as they have no liver damage should continue to use it if it is working. After about a year on Oxycontin the user will have a horrible time getting off and with all the fear the doctor has of loosing his or her licenses for over prescribing they are cutting people off for no real reason thus having to buy this drug on the street so i ask are the doctors to blame or law enforcement for cracking down on doctors

2. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Doctors in my country are scared spitless of the government.
    I moved house recently, and went to a new doctor for a drug I use to control muscle spasm that I have used for 20 years. I went to 5 doctors before one would prescribe it.