jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Organic food

1. 60
    fionadeogposted 6 years ago

People said organic food is very expensive. How about planting some? Some vegetables or fruits might not need big space.

1. John T. profile image62
      John T.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could definitely plant some, the thing to consider though is that you need to make sure that you don't get GMO seeds.  This could be difficult to do since most seeds are GMO.  I would check out your organic food store and see if they have got any seeds.

2. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Also, if you don't have the space or just aren't into gardening (I have a major aversion to dirt!), you could search your community for a local co-op garden or purchase produce from farmer's markets. In my area, a local group is starting an organic garden and you can buy a few plots with a donation of $10 each and they'll do all the planting. Sounds like a good deal to me since I would normally spend $4 for just two organic cucumbers!

3. Bikash jha profile image60
    Bikash jhaposted 6 years ago

yes, it will not need big space, but plating few organic plants(vegetable or fruit) might need extra attention and care which will be a big problem with people living in this industrial society. Nobody have much time you know.