jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Antioxidants and probiotics.

1. greenguru profile image60
    greenguruposted 8 years ago

Hello there.
    I'm a newbie here, and I'd like to know if any of you did experience the use of any antioxidants in any kind of form, gel, pills, powder or liquid, and what kind of effect it had on you.
    The same thing goes for the probiotic.

2. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I drink iced tea which has tons of antioxidants. I also have eaten lots of yogurt that has probiotics.

I usually feel good after I drink and/or eat... though I don't know if either has had any profound effect.

Good luck and let us know what you experience.

3. 2patricias profile image59
    2patriciasposted 8 years ago

I regularly eat Activa Probiotic Yoghurt to help my sluggish digestive system.  It really does appear to make a difference.

4. 73
    Maria Cposted 8 years ago

I also eat a lot of yogurt to aid my digestive system. Here in the Philippines, there is also Yakult  a health drink with live Lactobacilli. My mom swears by them.

1. geetanjali profile image60
      geetanjaliposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We get Yakut in India too, and its good. But what I really love is the Mother Dairy (a farmer's cooperative in Delhi) probiotic flavoured milk. It tastes fantastic, and leaves me with a pleasantly satisfied feeling. Antioxidant pills get the thumbs down from me, I was prescribed some, but they made me feel really nauseous and full.

5. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 8 years ago

Eearly this year I had the stomach flu for 7 days, something I had never experienced before, and nothing was really helping me, so a friend who has given seminars on holistic health, suggested I take probiotics. I did, and I could feel my body reacting to it, getting stronger, and I was back to my normal self quickly. I still take from time to time.

1. geetanjali profile image60
      geetanjaliposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have now started giving my children only lactobacillus supplements when they catch a tummy bug. It really works!