jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What's the most important factor in choosing a dentist?

1. DerbyDentist profile image60
    DerbyDentistposted 6 years ago

Some people go with price, other's trust, or convenience...

What's most important to you when you're looking for a new dentist?

1. _cheryl_ profile image88
      _cheryl_posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've learned from experience, whatever you do always get a second opinion. Long story short, I found a dentist who was honest and was able to get a chipped tooth fixed with just a filling material and his awesome skill as opposed to a crown along with an extra crown I was told I should do to be esthetically pleasing to a tooth that didn't need one at all. All in all, I had quality work done and saved a few thousand dollars. Doesn't matter what you think because I thought well and trusted my original dentist, till I was referred to check out another one by someone else. Your best bet in choosing a dentist is to shop and compare, ask questions. I love my dentist! He's very personable as well as gentle when doing work and is always teaching and explaining what's being done.

2. olivia39 profile image59
      olivia39posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Choosing a dentist is an important decision. Not all dentists have the same level of training or expertise, and choosing the wrong one can be a costly and painful mistake.

If you're new in town or you're looking for a new dentist, ask friends and co-workers for referrals. This is perhaps the best way of finding a good dentist. Ask you friends, neighbors, or co-workers if they go to a dentist they are impressed with.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

All I want from a dentist is that he is not a mad homicidal maniac. I have a real fear that when you are in that chair he gets all the drills out, and mashes your teeth to bits before extracting them all - images of blood and flesh flying everywhere!
    So, any dentist that doesn't do that is OK in my books.

3. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

The most important thing to me is that he doesn't dribble over me, or my shoes and doesn't try to hump my knee yikes

4. vydyulashashi profile image59
    vydyulashashiposted 6 years ago

i strongly believe that dentistry mainly depends on art and skill..so a good dentist is one who will satisfy the patients requirements of aesthetics and prognosis..

5. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Going to a dentist can be a nightmare, and an expensive one.  I generally find if the practice is clean and up to standard, so is the people who work there.