jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Help to Quit Smoking?

1. 58
    Bhaas06posted 6 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has every quit smoking and what has helped them quit. I am only 24 years old and started smoking when I was 14 and I really want to try to quit for goods this time however I need some help. I have tried Chantix and wanted to admit myself because the side affects were so bad. I just wanted to know what helped out the best and ways to kick the habit.

1. bsscorpio8 profile image60
      bsscorpio8posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try binaural beats. Download a stop smoking meditation program that utilizes binaural beats and deep relaxation.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mind over matter. As long as you convince yourself that you seriously want to end smoking, then you will be able to accomplish the task.

Stick to it and do not give in or up. wink

3. 58
      Bhaas06posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate everyones answers. I have been doing some research into this and first I have to pick a start date. I know it will be tough but if there are people that smoked for 20 or more years than I can too. Thanks again everyone.

2. akirchner profile image95
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

I quit smoking several times in my very young years and I found that the ONLY way to quit was to just 'do it' - like Nike says...okay I was a total witch for a few days to a week, but it got easier every day that I quit.  I did not smoke for long periods of time though and that might be a harder nut to crack.  I also understand that the tobacco these days is harder to get out of your system than probably the cigs were when I was smoking.

I'll give you my surefire way though - you couldn't smoke if you wanted to!  The very last cigarette I had was when I was 30 years old.  (I am now 56+)  I contracted the chickenpox from my kids and I had sores down my throat so bad I could not swallow.  In the midst of this, I decided to smoke a cigarette - ha!  That cured me!!  Haven't had one (or the desire for one) since!  While I don't recommend getting the chickenpox to stop smoking - it did work!