jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What's In A Name

1. Jaggedfrost profile image86
    Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago

Juliet's statement about a rose by any other name smelling as sweet somehow doesn't quite hold water in the realm of mental health.  I like so many, hate misdiagnoses.  If Juliet were right it wouldn't matter one way or another but she was wrong.  If we cant categorize our symptoms how could we ever get away from that haunting feeling of being alone?

1. HoopBot profile image61
      HoopBotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely agree. A name is hugely important. Just a shame that doctors don't have the same affection for good words, naming cells and whatnot horribly!

2. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She was just a dumb 15 year old dark ages Italian chick who killed herself, what did she know?  They are a dime a dozen on Jersey Shore

2. Jaggedfrost profile image86

I imagine it makes them feel important and worth while as human beings to label others.  Eventually however their labels have nothing to do with seeking cures but treatments regardless of what they say to get money from the masses and therein lies the rub.

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

arh but what is in the name of our avatars.. psychologically, this name can give us away as to what we think of ourselves or how we portray ourselves to the outside world...

So, what's in a name?

4. Jaggedfrost profile image86

You are probably right though I will probably blush to hear you analyze mind even if I wait at the edge of my seat for the same with abated breath all the same like some horror show you peek at through ones fingers.  I don't claim to be much good at returning the favor, however.  I might get a better sense of you from reading your work then your avatar or even your handle.

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about that...with Shazwellyn, anyway.  smile  Her avatar, writing, expressions, thoughts all point toward Hippyism.  (except the Psychology 101 hubs)

So, what's in a name?  The name you're given becomes the sounds of life you associate with yourself.  At some point in your life you decide whether or not the sounds are strong, weak, good, bad, negative, positive, loud or silent.  A name tells you, over time, something about yourself you didn't know before.  Just a thought I had when I saw this forum smile