Living life simple

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (48 posts)
  1. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 13 years ago

What would you do to make your life more simple with less stress?

1. profile image0
      TanielHoustonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

die - no more stress. Although stress is as much as you make it. Difficulites come -you jus gotta learn how to cope with them

1. CathyWebber profile image61
        CathyWebberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you know ?
        Maybe the pass world will make you more crazy. smile

Just put down your 'unnecessarily burden' and stay in present.
        You'll got it.

2. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do something about the things I don't like (change what I can change) and make the best out of what I can not change-this is the best advice that I've been given in my adult life.  People sometime get hung up on things that they can not control (like other people) and it causes stress in their life.  Let it go-Relax, Relate, Release!

3. nathaniel86 profile image57
      nathaniel86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Throwing yourself into a creative activity is another great way to de-stress and to prevent stress. I like writing, but others like to paint or play music or sketch or make pottery or do interior design or build things.

4. caroline22 profile image56
      caroline22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Resign from a commitment you’re not passionate about. smile

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

go back in time to 1950's where life WAS more simple--less technology,

6. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spend more time with love one, get a work which is stress free (like work from home) and lastly, go for a holiday smile

7. vydyulashashi profile image58
      vydyulashashiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stay away from disputes and complications and these two things makes my life so easy,simple and happy.

I live my day as if today is the last day for me on this earth..sounds crazy but it works fine for me

8. ponx profile image80
      ponxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would not worry about the future too much,would not gossip and would do some relaxing activity , like maybe eat some good food :-)....or just take a walk

9. DjBryle profile image69
      DjBryleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I lay everything in God's hands... because I know that even if we don't know what will happen in the future, it gives us so much security to know WHO holds our future. smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Have a bigger and better job, more money, buy a bigger house, buy a better car, and more on entertainment, traveling, and have lots  more big parties with lots of people.   lol   I live a simple life.  In fact, it's so simple the stress is going to kill me.   lol

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol big_smile

3. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

HAHAHHAHA  Quit my job!   Of course, then there would be the financial stress.   So-quit my job and get paid for doing what I love-writing.

4. profile image0
    writersfengshuiposted 13 years ago

Just start living....No essential tools needed but the power to know that I am living in emotional freedom.

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

On a more serious note than I posted I above, I can't honestly say that "level of complicated" in life (at least in mine) is the cause of stress.  The person who knows how to manage complications often doesn't find it all that stressful.  The stuff that causes the serious, serious, stress is usually the stuff we can't do anything about - illness, illness of family members, severe loss of one sort or another (even financially, as with those people who have lost their homes through the financial crisis), watching loved ones go through serious difficulties...

Those, to me, are thing real stresses.  If I'm tied to my computer, getting too many calls, having to answer to many e.mails, or needing to get a new power strip for my TV/DVD/whatever else hook-up - none of those things are a big deal to me.

6. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Very well said.

7. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

Listen to your heart.:)If you think a lot(about things that don't interest you) you are sure to be stressed which can lead to a devastating life style.

8. surf traveler profile image79
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

I agree Uma07, listen to your heart.
    Yesterday a friend told me 90% of all stress is from either worrying about the past or the future. That means only 10% of our stress is in the present. So, let the past go, it's made you who you are today. Have hope in your future, and just live in the present. There, your stress has been cut 90% and you don't even have to quit your job smile

1. profile image0
      Social Discomfortposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I definitely agree with this point.  So much of what we worry about is out of our control, at least at the time.

I would add that you can reduce even more of  your stress by only worrying when it leads to action.  If you're worried about something, then do something about it.  If you can't do anything, there's no sense in worrying.  And if you've done all you can, there's no sense in worrying any more.

9. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Four words: Give it to God.

10. evanlaeys profile image60
    evanlaeysposted 13 years ago

I feel less stress when I take the time to meditate before I tackle the day's jobs. It helps me to feel more focused. I also feel much less stress when I stop listening to the voices of all those outside my Higher Self who are telling me what THEY think I should be doing. It's so much less stressful when I follow the guidance of my intuition and have faith that my life is working just the way it's supposed to.

Even when things look like they're going all wrong, I remember that ultimately "All things will be well" -as all things are working out according to the Divine Plan. It's helpful to say this affirmation: "Everything is happening for my higher good. The universe works in perfect ways."
    Also, from the Bible: "All things work together for good for those who love God."

11. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Just stop worrying about things that you have no control over, relax, do what you want to do... No stress....

Living is great.....

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LeanMan, that works up to a point; but if what a person worries over or stresses over (and the two aren't always the same) are sometimes things a person can't separate.  For example, a mother seeing her kids going through something and not being able to do something about it - that's one that there's no "stop-thinking-about-it"  without trying to lie to oneself and saying, "I don't care what happens to my son or daughter".   It's the same with stress caused by having to watch anyone close (a parent, sibling, whoever) go through something.  No matter how a person tries to keep things in perspective and manage the stress, there's no separating some concerns/caring.  It's the nature of caring about someone, and if it's someone close there's way too much caring to stop stressing over it.

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you're right! No matter what we do, we can't expect to go through life without a care in the world - that just wouldn't be life, and things will happen that are out of our control.
        But we can deal with those things more efficiently if we get rid of all the pointless, meaningless things in our lives that only clutter and burdon unnecessarily.

12. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

Oh, I've done this. I ruthlessly threw out everything, but everything I didn't really need, broke off contact with people who only put pressure on me, dealt with matters that were troubling me once and for all, and told myself to only do what I have time to do - there's always another day.
    I feel a lot better since I did that.

13. the clean life profile image71

UNa07 you are right."Listen to your Heart". What does your heart say to me? For myself as I spoke of in my Hub, live life on a lower key and simple. Why have all those extra bills for all the fancy things that are really not nessesary although they are nice, only if you truly can afford them.  They are only material things. I'm heading down south and live on my boat and just relax for what years we have left on this earth.

14. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have been doing that for years.   I am PMR (Pretty Much Retired) and the "PM" part gets bigger every year.  We have a relaxed, simple life style and live on half the money we used to squander. 

There are so many things we just do not need..

15. the clean life profile image71

Pcunix good for you. I wish you all the luck and happiness, I kived on a boat when I first got married and loved it. Now after 30 years of marriage it's time for a change and as you said live a simple life.  Life is all that you make it. No one really needs to as they say live high on the hog to enjoy life.

16. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I like to have a bit of stress in my life, but do not get very stressed usually. I do enjoy a challenge and believe that stress is a matter of how we view things a lot of the time. smile
    Being rich or poor alters nothing really. sad

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would live my life today not looking back or into the future, just enjoying things as they come, taking everything in my stride.  Not looking at the stats all the time.  If there is trouble around the corner  i never trouble trouble, and never let it trouble me.   I am  learning  to ignore what I cant stand. so life is pretty simple.

17. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Listen to classical music on my way to work and doing a little bit of meditation before going to bed. It helps.

1. Eiddwen profile image76
      Eiddwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have always tried to live my life listening to my heart and one of the best saying I've heard is ' God give me the wisdom to change the things I can and the strength to live with those I can't.

18. swapna123 profile image60
    swapna123posted 13 years ago

I took a sabbatical from my stressful job when i realized that my happiness was worth more than my salary smile

19. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Sell Everything And Move To MIAMI!

20. LouMacabasco profile image59
    LouMacabascoposted 13 years ago

I always remind myself that worry brings nothing but bad feeling. it doesn't solve anything. So everyday, i remind myself to stay grateful and positive, despite anything. When you live each day as if it's your last, nothing can worry you. smile

21. richtwf profile image62
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

Want for less and live by the adage that less is more and then you have less to think or worry about.

The man who knows that enough is enough will always have enough. Lao-Tzu

22. joshuachlim profile image60
    joshuachlimposted 13 years ago

be humble. u can't live a simple life without being humble.
    pride brings too much stress..u think how to win another person,
    how to be more beautiful than another lady,
    should u go for cosmetic surgery, what dress to wear,

be contented.
    envy brings unhappiness.
    how to have a bigger house than your neighbor
    covetousness brings much sadness.
    how to become a millionaire.

be thankful.
    makes u less greedy.makes u able to smile.
    ungratefulness makes you grumble n complain.

be less selfish. Giving brings blessings.
    there is a joy in giving. brings so much satisfaction.
    more blessed to give than to receive.

love. we are created to love n be love.
    without true love, without someone to love,
    happiness is not complete.
    Adam without Eve,
    a mother without a baby to hold.

23. joshuachlim profile image60

die to yourself
    so that you are no longer controlled by lusts

24. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

Trade in my Freightliner XL for the new Cascadia model.

25. joshuachlim profile image60

we go through so much

emotions and desires in life.

the best way to be happy

is to be humble

and try to be simple.

the best things in life

are the simple things.

26. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

I think, unlimited desires plays a pivotal role here. One can't embrase simplicity unless he/she doesn't have control over his/her desires. There is no end of desires, it will expand and increase and we'll fail to attain simplicity. Thus, one should learn to control over his/her desires in order to attain simplicity. That's what I have learnt so far.

1. charmaine101 profile image60
      charmaine101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so true I love this, it's always the simple things. come check out my hub - http://hubpages.com/hub/The-key-to-being-happy

27. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Well let's see,,,,,

I'm single with no drama in my life. No kids, moved down south so no family around to start trouble.

I work at home so no office drama there,,

I make enough to pay my bills and have NO bills besides the basics so no money drama there,,,,,

I don't see how I can get any more stress free and relaxed,,,lol

28. Rastamermaid profile image64
    Rastamermaidposted 13 years ago

I learned to turn my troubles over to The Creator.

I don't worry about anything after that,it's out of my hands.

I've been stress free for years,I know what not to worry about,and what I need to worry about I turn it over.

I know I can not change a person,so i never stress that.

If it's a situation,I know The Creator will guide me to a solution.

Getting to this point in life has been a learning experience.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4066978_f248.jpg

29. kids-toy-box profile image71
    kids-toy-boxposted 13 years ago

Attach very little value to money and all things material--afterall you aint taking it with you when you die--just enjoy being alive.

30. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

Have sufficient money to not work and to travel.
    On the rest.... I think that is fundamental a right mental attitude... That I think I have!

31. Jaggedfrost profile image60
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

The question one must ask one's self is whether they have enough to positively effect and relieve the suffering of those around them in any way necessary.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)