jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Do you think too much?

1. sirrot profile image60
    sirrotposted 6 years ago

When you are afraid to take a chance or even go on a small adventure is it because you are thinking too much.  Could it be that depression may even come from introspection gone wrong?  Let me know how you feel about the subject...just don't get obsessed with it!

Read this post on retirement and aging and see what your take is.
    <link snipped, no self-promoting links>

b

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do. Not in that way I don't think though.
      I just like to analyze things and figure things out.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think too much. wink big_smile

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Well....     Let me think about that.............

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/hrh7c/thinker.jpg

...................................................etc. etc.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/hrh7c/thinker.jpg

.......................................................................................................
      ....................................................................................................

...................................................................................................

Hmm.    I need to think about it a little more.  I think, maybe, I'll have to get back to you on this.  Then again, I think, maybe, I need to think about whether or not I should...................................................................

1. vydyulashashi profile image60
        vydyulashashiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i will analyze the situation,but won't think too much abt that

3. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

most of you know that i have social phobias, this usually stops me from going anywhere or inviting people over. i just start thinking about everything that can go wrong. but not any more, i made a new friend and i go just about any where now on a spontaneous whim. today we are going to play putt putt but i don't know what time and i don't care. i'm no longer thinking about the situations, i'm feeling them. i know that i love to play putt putt and be with this friend so that's all that matters.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lecie, excellent.  Hope you find you feel happier once you start doing that.    I think sometimes being with a friend can make a person forget to worry or think about things  quite so much, and instead just enjoy being with the friend.  Have a nice time.   smile

1. 0
        Lecieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks so much, it's taken me a while to get to this point but i have been enjoying myself with this new friend. i guess a friend was all i ever really needed.

2. Rafini profile image85
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Lecie!  big_smile smile big_smile

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

I can’t say that I over-think anything and I'm a born risk taker.  I've never let fear stop me from doing anything.  I’m the queen of impulsive behavior and anyone who knows me knows I’m always acting first and then thinking about it later... LOL!

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

no...i love doing things on impulse...it's fun.

6. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

according to most of my high school teachers.. no... no I don't

1. ggerner profile image62
      ggernerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very funny, oh Greek One.

As for myself, I'm the creative type and am also very active, a big fan of Nike's "Just Do It", so i might benefit from more analytical thought.

1. Greek One profile image80
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm more of a Puma fan... "Lie around all day in the sun like a big lazy cat"

7. Rafini profile image85
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I definitely think too much.  There was a time when I wished I didn't, then went through a major depression where I ended up not thinking at all - just sat there staring into space for hours at a time.  Something I never want to return to!

Yes, I do kind of think depression is caused by introspection gone wrong.  At least for me...over analyzing myself to the point of almost driving myself crazy just to determine whether I was telling the truth about myself or if other people were right.

8. akirchner profile image94
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

I tend to jump in and do it - no matter what and then realize after the fact that maybe it wasn't such a hot idea...but for me it works because it always gives me material I guess for a comedic hub! Yikes...I do stress always having your health insurance up to date, however!

working