jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. omiller10 profile image60
    omiller10posted 6 years ago

i have a question about pregnancy or early pregnancy.. okay i got off depo in june 2010 and started my period in july on the 19th instead of on the 21st alittle early.What caused that too happen or was it suppose too?? Well after or i think the last day of my period i got cramps but didnt understand i was off my period never happened before..No it seems eveytime i eat something i gotta go to the bathroom if you know what i mean not that long after.I also feel sick to my stomach everyday. I went from a size 3 to a size 7 or 8. Does being on depo only for three months get you that thick or gain that much weight idk im just confused..

1. perfectdream1020 profile image60
      perfectdream1020posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I dont know if this will help you any. I was on the depo shot for over a year. While being on the depo shot I completely stopped having periods all together. So I stopped the depo but with in one month I was pregnant. They assured me that my body would need time to get the medication out of my system and it would be at least 6 months or so before I could get pregnant. Birth control like any medication is going to mess with the way your body functions. One of the side effects of the depo shot was gain weight but when I was on it I lost weight. It wasnt until I stopped that I gained weight. My body was trying to adjust to not having that in my system anymore. You are the only one that really knows your body. If you think there is something wrong or off I would suggest seeing your doctor. Don't ignore any feelings you have because there is a reason you are feeling a certain way.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

When you go on or off birth control your body has a change in hormone levels. Hormones can effect many things in your body from your period to your weight and your emotions. You should have got a deppo fact sheet from your doctor. Have a look and check what side effects are listed.

Are you asking if you're pregnant? I doubt it. Most pregnancy symptoms take 3-5 weeks to appear and if you're last period was on the 19th you probably wouldn't be more than a week pregnant.

Just give it a few weeks to let your body settle some more (meanwhile make sure you use protection) and if you are still worried then go see your doctor.

I know some birth controls can take several months for your body to adjust to coming off.

1. omiller10 profile image60
      omiller10posted 6 years ago in reply to this

but its past my due date for my period last month i got it on the 19th and nothing this month... what does that mean.. i mean before i started depo i was geting my periods on the 21st of each month..

3. omiller10 profile image60
    omiller10posted 6 years ago