jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is getting the daily nutrition we need possible without supplements?

1. stevemark122000 profile image81
    stevemark122000posted 8 years ago

If all the food supplements and junk food on earth mysteriously vanished tomorrow and all that was left to eat was really healthy food, by only eating these foods in the most nutritious combinations could we get enough nutrition to stay healthy for the rest of our lives?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Much healthier for sure smile

3. Lifebydesign profile image79
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

Isn't that pretty much what we did before junk food was around?

4. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

It would be the best only if we got rid of the various pollutions on the planet, replaced the over-used, over-fertilized and nutrient depleted and deficient soils... and last but not least...got rid of the numerous stresses that these things and our jobs, etc...of life create. Oh, one more thing...if everyone developed a healthy spiritual life, relationship stresses would be much less, countries might get along better, no war, etc...

THEN...yes, simple food would be enough for our health! smile

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

For those of us who live in cities and don't have space to grow our own food, I'd say the answer is no.  So much of the "fresh" produce sold in shops has been sitting around in cold storage for too long and has lost many of its nutrients.

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
      SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

or it was picked so early for shipping that the nutrient value never increased. or it was grown as I stated previous, in nutrient depleted soil, over fertilized soil etc... organic and locally grown foods, low or no processed foods are best, even if you have to pay more or spend more time preparing them. It is worth it..but i know doing it everyday i don't even get done sometimes!