jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Eczema

1. aefrancisco profile image60
    aefranciscoposted 6 years ago

What's the best thing to do if one's diagnose of having eczema?

Thanks for the tips - in advance smile

2. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

Get some steroid cream from the doctor ... and keep your skin moisturized

1. aefrancisco profile image60
      aefranciscoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

are there over the counter creams for eczema?

whats the best thing to do to keep one's skin moisturized?
          - currently - im using cetaphil lotion to keep my hand moist, , , but still, my hands dry sad

1. LaMamaLoli profile image71
        LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are over the counter creams, a good pharmacist would be able to recommend one. I have eczema on my hands and legs - I use E45 a lot because it doesn't irritate the skin. Norwegian hand creams tend to be really good if your hands are really dry but check you get the ones with no fragrance. The main thing - unfortunately- is to not use any products that have perfumes - that includes soaps, bubble baths, shower gels as that will aggravate the eczema. It makes for a very boring bathroom shelf, but definitely helps. I treat myself occasionally to a "smelly" bubble bath but not very often or I start scratching again!! How ladylike...not!

3. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I never found an over the counter cream that worked, and to get the eczema off my hands i had to use REALLY strong steroid cream and I even had moisturized prescribed by the doctor which was the only thing that got the eczema off.

The usual cream I had for my legs was quite a high strength Eumovate, but you can get a lower strength one over the counter. They're called hydro-cortizon creams ... or something like that.

E45 is alright for keeping moisturized. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the moisturizing cream that i used on my legs. I remember being told that you can't use too much moisturizer, so if you're still dry then put some more on.

4. aefrancisco profile image60
    aefranciscoposted 6 years ago

thanks for the reply smile

working