jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)

Would You Consider Plastic Surgery?

1. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

What would you fix if you had the money? Personally, I'd opt for a facelift and a nose job. What about you?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ordinarily, for purely cosmetic purposes, I think it is a waste of money, and any surgery can have unintended negative risks.
      If a person has a congenital or inflicted deformity, or  some other health reason, cosmetic or restorative surgery may be appropriate.

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree about the unintended consequences.  I had an emergency surgery when I was in my 20s for a burst appendix that turned into a three-week ordeal.  My lung was accidentally punctured by a doctor inserting an IV, which resulted in a collapsed lung; the treatment for that was excruciatingly painful.  Then, I contracted a bacterial infection that resulted in an obstructed intestinal tract; I won't even describe the treatment for that one!  Trust me, it was bad.

Anyway, I will not have any kind of surgery ever again, unless it's necessary for my survival or quality of life.

2. fucsia profile image61
        fucsiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am agree with you!  be natural is  beautiful

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No change needed, required, warranted or desired. smile

2. leeberttea profile image61
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

Well I love me just the way I am, but if I'm lucky enough to get old and flabby I'd definitely get work done to make me look younger.

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

why do people always ask me that question !!?!?!?!

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are like Greece, baby! You only get more interesting with age! smile

1. Greek One profile image81
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

..and bankrupt

2. ggerner profile image60
      ggernerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha. Well, we're not all ageless and timeless like you.

I have considered plastic surgery but going through with it is a different matter. So I'm leaning towards "aging gracefully" although I can't vouch much for graceful part. smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, you do have wrinkles, but I think yours are pretty much set in stone.

yes smile.. you might say they are carved into my face

2. 2uesday profile image89
        2uesdayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was the botox.

4. Greek One profile image81

on a serious note.. the doctor said if i tried to extend it any more, it could be a tripping hazzard

1. 0

We'll all be doing jumping jacks with your ding-dong! lol smile

i was talking about my nose, naughty girl!

1. 0

You have a prominent nose, Greek One?

5. leeberttea profile image61
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

Looks like Paris might have had a little enhancement!

http://www.showbizspy.com/wp-content/gallery/parishiltonmarilynmonroe/tsb-006638.jpg

6. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 6 years ago

Absolutely nothing. I'm perfect, just the way I am. smile (Others may not agree, but I'm content with that.)

7. Greek One profile image81

.. and this is Paris going overboard...

http://inyourface.ocregister.com/files/2008/06/joan-rivers-052007-060833.jpg

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I met her in January. She is hilarious and admits she is the butt of every plastic surgery gone bad joke and the poster child of every pro and con for and against it. She knows who she is and she is a problem child.

I love her. Even with all the surgical nightmares.

8. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

IDENTICAL TWINS!

9. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

I would never consider it, except, as Rochelle mentioned, if I had some kind of accident or affliction which greatly affected my appearance. For one thing, I am far too squeamish to ever agree to any medical procedure that wasn't important for my health!

10. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I appreciate that many of you are young, firm and gorgeous, but what about in say...twenty years when gravity has done its thang on your double chin, boobs and stomach - what about then?

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No never, Elayne. I absolutely know that I would be terrified to go ahead with such a thing! But even without that, I wouldn't really want to. There are risks involved, for one thing. I would prefer to age gracefully and naturally - but fighting all the way with ordinary beauty products!

I'm not old (in my late thirties) but I have definitely noticed within the last few years that I have more wrinkles appearing than I used to, especially near my eyes. And my stomach has definitely not recovered after I had my last child even though that was more than two years ago. I don't like the idea of being wrinkly and saggy one day, but I like the idea of surgery even less. It's just life, and it's who you are. Beauty comes from within, and even really, really old people can be beautiful.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In twenty years I will be 88-- ask me again, then.

3. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In 20 years? I'll have been dead for about 11 years or so. At that time, it might be required, warranted, but not desired. lol

11. cathylynn99 profile image77
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

i would like a mini-facelift to get rid of jowls and frown lines, but I HATE needles. (I'm 54.)

working