jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Painkillers.....? Why we need

1. khmohsin profile image62
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Why we need pain killers, why we got such problems, Can't we get rid of such drugs ?

1. Bimendra gun profile image66
      Bimendra gunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

they're dangerous,but actually it release the pain for a short time

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They are necessary, as long as we do not over use them! Can you imagine drilling teeth without them???

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To kill pain.  I sure wouldn't want to recover from major surgery without them.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

We need painkillers so that people with intense don't have to suffer. The super strong painkillers are designed for super strong PAIN (cancer, post surgery, etc.).
    They are not intended for recreational use by people who don't have pain but just want to drift away to la-la land.
    Unfortunately, these drugs are tempting and very addictive.
    You DON"T want to get hooked on Oxycontin!

1. 59
      suscanposted 6 years ago

If you are in pain from a chronic condition you will see the need for pain killers. They have their place, it is sad that they are causing addiction for so many people.

2. fucsia profile image60
      fucsiaposted 6 years ago

many times a painkiller is necessary, but other times it is not. We have a bad habit: thinking that for any disorder exist a appropriate drug. In this way we poison our bodies.
      And I add that sometimes tyhe pain is a sign through which our bodies communicate with us. Not always is a good idea turn off the pain.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

The kind of pain for which the heavy duty narcotics is intended is NOT pain that you can just "turn off."
      I do agree we overuse medications to numb every little ache, but that is a way different order of magnitude.

4. timorous profile image92
      timorousposted 6 years ago

As with any medical problem, you really ought to ask yourself:  What is the underlying cause?  Western medicine is not trained to think in this way at all.  Just throw a drug at it and make it go away...fast.

Certain pharmaceuticals have their place in emergency situations, but for the most part it is better to address the underlying cause with a natural treatment, either physical therapy or various vitamins and minerals and a natural diet.  It just takes longer, but it's a lot safer.

Many aches and pains are the result of stress, either mental or physical.  Many people don't use their muscles properly, like bad posture, and lifting things the wrong way.  You also need to relax..I mean seriously.

1. khmohsin profile image62
        khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, but in ancient times no pain killer was used...

I've gone through researches and only found that many of the pain killers are very risky and definitely cause some side effects.