Schizo Affective Disorder

1. btvsfan profile image60
    btvsfanposted 6 years ago

I have a schizo affective disorder. It's a stream of concousness that is constantly chattering. Sometimes I think I'm telepathic, because it takes on the voices of those around me. Anyone else have the same problem?
    I see a psychiatrist, and am on medication.

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have it. I have a nephew who has it quite severely, and I understand it. Sometimes the symptoms can be managed a little better with eating healthy, a good vitamin supplement and some exercise. But in no case that I'm aware can it be managed without meds. The reason is because there are certain transmitter pathways to the brain that aren't functioning correctly, and nutrition alone isn't enough to correct it. But because it's a brain imbalance/brain chemistry problem, getting the nutrients you need will help stay off other things that increase your symptoms. So anything you can do to help your body out by way of nutrition and exercise will help to keep you more stable and healthy.

Welcome to HP. You should hub about how people can be responsible in maintaining a healthy life style living with schizo affective disorder. I think you could help a lot of people.