jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Medical Conditon

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 6 years ago

What type of medical condition can cause a young person to forget easily, have difficulty in thinking ability, unable to learn new things quickly,and struggle to put thoughts into words easily?

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Extreme and/or prolonged stress might be one thing, although struggling to put thoughts into words easily may/may not be part of what can happen with stress (I think it may depend on how young the child is).    Of course, if the child/young person is feeling intimidated AND is under stress, I'm guessing that could could create problems with putting thoughts into words.  (I was a shy kid, super-verbal, and had times when I'd feel nervous with some intmidating adults and have trouble saying what I wanted to say.)

It's never safe to make guesses about that kind of thing, though, because the person could have any number of conditions that would cause something like that.   A lot of kids forget easily, and those who don't really forget often say they do.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To be more specific, I was meaning  that these signs first started happening when the person was in their twenties, and has gradually gotten worse.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

A.D.D. is a possibiity.

3. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

The best thing would be to have the child looked at by a medical practitioner. You can never be too careful.

4. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

He could take some drugs? Some drugs, such as marijuana and hashish, if taken continuous, can be a cause of trouble you describe.

5. sydney12770 profile image60
    sydney12770posted 6 years ago

i don't now

6. johnshade profile image79
    johnshadeposted 6 years ago

The exact same thing is happening to my brother. Me and his teacher were convinced he had ADD
    It depends on how many hours of sleep you have?
    It could be Iron deficiency
    Are you going through puberty being distracted is normal?
    Have you had any trauma? parents fighting? A break up

Lots of things to consider before jumping to medical conditions. Medical condition need psychiatry and are usaually genetic.