jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Herbal Anxiety Meds

1. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with herbal meds for anxiety?
    What herbal meds are the best for anxiety?

1. 60
      suepr1deaux@swva.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lavender reduces anxiety.
      I carry a bottle of lavender oil with me in case of anxiety. I put drops of the oil on my pillow at night and my skin. I drink lavender tea.
      I put one tablespoon in a quart of water and spray my home. It eliminates odors, kills bacteria, virus and fungus. It is also good for cleaning surfaces.

2. 0
      Amie Warrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I swear by Tension Tamer tea and Rescue Remedy.  Rescue Remedy is sorta pricey ($10 for a tiny bottle), but you don't take much.  I have major anxiety attacks, and for the worst ones, two droppersful of Rescue Remedy and a cup of Tension Tamer does it for me within 15 minutes.

2. saama profile image80
    saamaposted 5 years ago

Ashwaganda (Winter Cherry) and Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri)are very good for anxiety and have instant effect on the nervous system.

3. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

I've used Rescue Remedy.  It's very good.  Also learning bio-feedback, where you learn to control your heart rate and breathing is extremely helpful.

Be careful with lavender oil.  It is a wonderful relaxing smell, but don't ingest the essential oil and note that some people can have strong (and bad) skin reactions to it.  It increases your risk of sunburn.

4. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I find Vitamin B Complex and Omega Threes are both good for anxiety.

5. OldSkoolFool profile image60
    OldSkoolFoolposted 5 years ago

If you really wanna chill, use Valerian Root. It will mellow you out hard and even perhaps put you to sleep.