jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

My weight is increasing after Stop Smoking

1. wilsonallen01 profile image60
    wilsonallen01posted 6 years ago

Hi Guys!!!

I have stop smoking last month but there is another problems I am facing now. My weight is increasing. Is it because of stop smoking? Is there any way how can I control my weight?

Suggestions are welcome...

Thank You

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I say don't worry about it. The health risks associated with smoking are worth it. I quit smoking almost a year ago and gained 35 pounds. After 10 months I started to deal with that. I have now lost 28 of those pounds.

One thing at a time. big_smile

2. tmbridgeland profile image85
      tmbridgelandposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Gaining weight after quitting tobacco is normal. When you feel the craving for nicotine, your body associates that with hunger so you eat more. Also, nicotine is a stimulant, so you burn a few calories extra when smoking. Concentrate on eating good, healthy food and getting some regular exercise. Avoid processed and junk food.

2. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

BAN snacks from your life, especially including chocolate and candy or any kind, eat three meals a day and make them sensible and not too big and put all that anxious stuff into working out.

I gave up 33 years ago (lasted eight years) and put on 30 pounds which I never managed to lose completely, hence my other nick-name among kinda-friends is fat-bastard. big_smile

3. ksha16 profile image59
    ksha16posted 6 years ago

Lol yeah hehe LoL

4. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 6 years ago

can be normal an increase of  weight. I suggest you to make sports, such as running, swimming, cycling. Try to understand if this problem depends on a nervous hunger ( do you eat instead of smoking?). In this case eat lots of  fruits or vegetables and looking for some distraction when you are hungry.

5. charkamman profile image59
    charkammanposted 6 years ago

Try EFT to get calmer and tackle the anxiety issues which might be related to the smoking. You can also use EFT to get rid of your sugar craving (sugar is addictive too). You probably need o have something in your mouth instead of the cigarette smile
    You can find free manuals etc on http://emofree.com, and if you want any help, ask me!

6. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

Eat three times a day at regular intervals. If you find yourself feeling hungry between meals, fill the gaps with fresh fruit or raw vegetables.

Irregular eating will tip your insulin balance, which in turn leads to cravings.

Make sure all meals are well balanced, and eat the last one three to four hours before sleep.

Consider what you drink, too:

One or two latte macchiatos, a bottle of coke, and a couple of glasses of wine a day doesn't sound that excessive, but it equals at least one good meal. It's about 800 calories.

Drink at least one and a half to two liters daily, at best mineral water and unsweetened herb teas.