jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Taking milk at night is good or bad?

1. smith.alan00 profile image60
    smith.alan00posted 6 years ago

Hi Friends This is very tough question I find about
    Milk Allopathic doctor says taking milk at midnight is
    good. Diametrically opposite is Ayurveda that say that
    any white food stuff including milk is bad for health.
    please tell me exact correct way.......

best regards
    Smith Alan

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Taking milk is somewhat good and bad.Anything you consume late at night is more fattening than consuming it early in the day as with most of the day behind you late night calories don't get burned up. Warm milk an hour before bedtime helps you to sleep.Drinking milk is not bad for you, unless you are lactose intolerant.

2. Louis Taylor profile image60
    Louis Taylorposted 6 years ago

As with everything else in life you will find different opinions. Milk is not meant to be consumed by humans in the first place that is why many people have allergy to lactoz. Ayurveda promotes a natural way of life, therefore I would go with that. Of course in the modern days you should have some milk, or just follow something like Ayurveda for good.

3. PMS9 profile image56
    PMS9posted 6 years ago

Whenever I drink milk in night before going to bed, next morning (only in morning) I suffer from cold, When I gone to doctor he advice treatment and to avoid taking milk for next 6 months. But when I checked later after 6 months, it remain same allergic problem but I came to know that, I'm getting allergy only if I'm taking milk in night. If I taking in day time there is no allergy.