jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)

Stress Remedies

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'm a little stressed tonight.

What do you do when you're emotionally stressed?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ask the wife if she fancies an early nite smile

1. 0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile  works every time.

smile smile smile smile

2. Accidental Writer profile image78
      Accidental Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Watch Forrest Gump! If you had watched it before, watch it again....

3. rcrm89 profile image77
      rcrm89posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Watching sitcoms, listening to upbeat music, walking, physical training are some that I use.

There's some very solid advice for dealing with stress here:

http://helpguide.org/mental/stress_mana … coping.htm

4. Dr. Wendy profile image78
      Dr. Wendyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I soak in a warm tub with epsom salts and a couple drops of essential oil of lavendar.  Lavendar is very relaxing.

2. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

Have a glass of wine lol.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I take these herbal remedy tablets called Kalms - they are great. If I can't sleep I read a book until I nod off.

4. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 6 years ago

Go out for a run, do some exercise, listen to some emotionally uplifting music or watch an inspiring movie.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm inspiring music & movie, I like that!

dream on wry!

5. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Just relax, chill out by doing something that you enjoy, I suggest a night out, don't bring up topics that stress you out. If you cant go out, seclude yourself close your eyes and bring to mind those places and things that you enjoyed and revel in these in detail.. let imagination flow..it helps you relax your mind and focus on the positive

6. lex123 profile image69
    lex123posted 6 years ago

If you have know yoga, just do the 'shavasana'. It will take away all the stress. If you don't know yoga, just take few deep breath and release slowly, and try to sleep with good thoughts.

7. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

In this day and age, killing the stress inducer is not an option. smile Sorry and no-no for the plug, but I have written an article on this.

8. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

The one that Brian suggested, long night sleep, and a bowl of hot oatmeal(no sugar) and a freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning. Repeat as necessary.
    If not - just a week on Bahamas might work... smile

9. debrah48 profile image59
    debrah48posted 6 years ago

Stress can cause headaches, and a tightening of the muscles in the neck, back, and shoulders. A massage relieves these physical symptoms of stress by relaxing the muscles and improving blood circulation. Massaging the temples with the fingertips soothes nerves. Apply light pressure using a circular motion. A warm bath can reduce stress by relaxing muscles and increasing circulation. Bath for not more than 15 minutes in warm, not hot water.

Exercise is essential to reduce stress. Regular exercise for 30 minutes, three times a week, relaxes the body and decreases anxiety. Exercise can include walking, jogging, biking, swimming or aerobics. Yoga relaxes muscle tension and calms the mind through breathing and stretching exercises.

10. Goodpal profile image88
    Goodpalposted 6 years ago

Stress should not be a problem, if you have heard about brainwave entrainment audios. Just listen to an audio designed for stress relief and allow yourself to relax. You should see the effect in about half hour.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Hi wrylilt. Go to bathroom, take a warm bath, I hope you have incense. Take a warm bath, stretch your legs and get a candle it works for me. Close your eyes in the bathtub.

or listen to your favorite song and get the pics of your baby/children if you have, then you will surely smile

12. light82 profile image60
    light82posted 6 years ago

Try taking deep breaths (at least 10) and make sure they are deep, so that your stomach rises when you breath in instead of your chest. Just put one hand on your belly and one on your chest, breath in deep, try to make belly rise instead of your chest in the inhale. This helps me, and also, when I'm stressed I hardly breath at all, just little shallow breathing, and if I take in more oxygen, it has a quick calming effect. Learned this from a therapist.Better for you than popping a Xanax or something like that.

13. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Absolutely right.  You should actually try and make it a habit that sticks.  Oxygen has many restorative powers.

14. mmiller profile image77
    mmillerposted 6 years ago

Grab a tall, nonfat, no-whip Mocha from Starbucks.  It makes me happy:)

15. KimberlyAnn26 profile image80
    KimberlyAnn26posted 5 years ago

When I need to relax or need some time to myself I take a bath, do yoga or read scriptures.

16. 0
    BIKTMIAposted 5 years ago

Know your illness and know that not everyone is going to understand your problems grief, or illness. Comprehending that and remembering that you are your choice selective to do or not depending.  Be refered.

17. remsen21 profile image60
    remsen21posted 5 years ago

I have been in the "reduction of stress" mind set for the past 45 years, and have found through daily practice that the movements  and study of tai chi chuan to be calming and effective.

Although it is truly a martial art, a soft style kung fu,the practice, as with chi kung meditative exercise, can have big rewards: relaxation, flexibility, and enhanced balance.