jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Got my MRI scan in the morning

1. Spacey Gracey profile image76
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Am absolutely bricking it. Aaaaaahhhhhhh. I wish they would just knock me out.

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck!

A visit to anything medical and whatnot is so scary, hate the antiseptic smell....

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

They are a piece of cake.

It does feel a bit surreal to be placed in a tube, but after a while you just get a bit bored and sleepy.

How long do you need to go in for? I had a 30 minute MRI scan and by the end I found it pretty relaxing, didn't want to get out!

3. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

Ive never had one, but have had a few really good friends need to go. they all said the worst part is the waiting. It should be over in no time once you get there, and you'll feel so much better. Try to not worry, you know...the biggest thing to fear is fear..and all that. Sending you positive thoughts.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image76
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Its an Orbits MRI so I have no idea how long it will take. Hopefully won't be kept waiting too long. The appointment time is 8.15am so I must only be the 1st or 2nd appointment of the day. Hoping no emergencies get rushed in before me.

I am just not cut out for medical tests - they make me paranoid, I'm fine if they just stop poking me for long enough smile