jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How to deal with ivf failure

1. milenaamr profile image73
    milenaamrposted 6 years ago

I had three unsuccessful IVF's myself and the fourth one (Thanks God )was a success. Now I have a beautiful boy one year old. I gain prior my pregnancy 52 kilos from the medication I was required to take for the IVF procedure. But this is just one of the side effect that I don't really remember anymore. The boy keeps me very busy and happy.

What left as a strong memories is not the injection I had to take everyday and the inconvenience from hormonal dis-balance but the dreadful feeling of IVF implantation failure.

I was wondering what you feel about IVF and how would you deal with IVF failure? I believe that writing about it may help other woman going trough this process.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

difficult to advise but I would glory in your beautiful boy and concentrate on what went right not what went wrong.

milenaamrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes you are totally right. I am going back only because when I was going trough the process I found tons of information about the actual treatment and so much about -if you fail. I believe that writing more about it may help woman that are going trough this now.

I mean not so much about -if you fail.

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Yup, I would go with caseworker, count your blessings don't dwell on failures.. your difficult period I am sure, has made this baby extra precious and special.. Just throw the bad memories into the trash can!! Don't rake them up!!

Congrats and God bless you and your precious child!!  smile

Thanks, you are absolutely right. Few implantation failures does make baby extra precious and special. I was wondering woman having conceive naturally does she worries to the same extend for her baby as woman conceived with IVF?

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

The first pregnancy is a little anxiety producing for most women I guess, the bodily changes, the mood swings due to hormonal changes, the food preferences, the slightest illnesses, the discomfort and the disturbance in sleep, the nausea ...this was a trying thing for me.. I puked till the 7th month during both my pregnancies..
    I guess It may be so for normal pregnancies too.. but the stress level may vary a lot.

I think I am over cautious with my baby and that eventually will effect his independence and from there his personality. I remember even the doctor tell me :"We will go with schedule Cesarean because this baby is very important". 

I guess you are right level of stress is different for all of us.  And then come the mom's personality. I wish I am more relax with him.

Thanks for the conversation and God Bless.

working