Stroke and how three years in what happens

1. 61
    hazel palmposted 5 years ago

i had a stroke in jan13 2008 it left me paralize on the rightside of my body my leg and arm, hand and nostable way of walking ,could not write with right side or drive or eat .the use of right side was gone .went to therapy it
    work for while then insurance ran out .life was ok when it first happened people and family wanted to help but that wears thin .the only persons that help me are my husband who is beendoing all the care.It has beenhard the past year for ineed aspecial bath tub to get in and out and because of finance that is a problem .for ican do the washing butto get in and out i need help .certain dressings i need  help,b ut ican do hair and makeup when i go out .but thats not oftenonly to the doctor,dentist,or to a
    family event .So now it time to realize the thoughts of what will happen are not to postive .but iam still trying.will be back with more informationsoon.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hazel, you have my deepest sympathy.
      I've known folk who have had strokes recently, some have made remarkable recoveries to the extent that if you didn't know you wouldn't know.
      It's hard but you do need to remain positive. If you can no longer afford the therapy google "stroke therapy at home" there does seem to be a lot out there.

I must go to bed now but I shall have good thoughts for you and watch out for you.