How to tell when your marriage needs a therapist?

1. mkohajda profile image61
    mkohajdaposted 5 years ago

I have been married for almost 10 years to my childhood sweetheart and this is my second and last marriage which in both of my marriages a precious daughter was created so nothing that happens to us no matter how painful is for no reason.  I find that especially when it comes to my children leaving a marriage was a very serious and long painful decision which would cause me much depression and insult but in order to get to where GOD needs us to be he puts us WITH and AT certain times and locations in our lives in order for him to fill his purpose for us and sometimes things end in our broken hearts.  If we all know this and keep this close in mind especially when going through a difficult time the fact THIS WILL NOT STAY this way forever.. I will get out or into another situation/relationship.  If these thoughts have pasted your way many times either in your past or in current times then most likely a therapist would benefit you a great deal.

1. Julie2 profile image80
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is very true. Many stay for the kids no matter how miserable they can be with their spouse. This only causes the children grief and confusion, leading them to need therapy themselves. Once there isn't any communication its time to try a mediator. If that doesn't work then its time to say your goodbyes and move on.