jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How To Get Rid of a Cold !

1. Successful Yvonne profile image59
    Successful Yvonneposted 5 years ago

I was at a business meeting one evening.  I had a cough that would't stop! I was told by a friend to get a fresh lemon and an onion. Dice the onion, and slice the lemon~after washing it, put them both in a 2 qt. pot of water and bring to a boil.  Let stand for about an hour. drink a warm cup of lemon onion tea as often as I could. In three days, I had dranked the whole thing and was cold free!!!

1. Richard Craig profile image76
      Richard Craigposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It all sounds good but for the onion part.  How does it taste?

2. Successful Yvonne profile image59
      Successful Yvonneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was not as bad as I thought it would be.  I think it was the lemon that really got my attention!  When I thought about getting well, I asked myself, how bad do you want it? then, it became a no brainer.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Wow... Some Claim to Fame!! roll

I was born with Cauliflower Ears and quite frankly I would have preferred Good Old Common Everyday Ears! smile

But When I met a 2foot 3inch Dwarf My whole life changed... hmm

So at a tupperware undie party I found out that if I added 3x Onions 1x Radish 1x Clove of Garlic and 1x bottle of Gin to 3x Tablespoons of Pepper... and submerged my ears in this solution... I would completely get rid of my Cauliflower ears!
    I did... and Wow.. Dice your Onion!!! Woww... Slice your Lemon!!! smile
    Yipppeeeee.... No more Ears! And I didn't Even have to Drunked the whole thing or Stroke the Dwarf!
    So what do you think about that SucCessFull???
    I am Now EarFree and I can walk without sticks!!! Praise the Dwarf!! hmm
    Amazing!!!!!! Thank you So Much Tupperware!!! Thank you Mum for making sure I had Clean Undies!!! So, So Happy !!!! big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image58
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

....lol  lol....thanks for my first laugh of the day while i'm sippin' my coffee.  ....what the heck is a tupperware undie party?....must be a kiwi thingie.....big_smile

2. Successful Yvonne profile image59
      Successful Yvonneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it worked for you, I'd call that good news!!!!!

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
        Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, garlic is a natural antibiotic and onion is also good.  I make a killer spicy soup with a lot of both and if it don't kill the cold it will certainly get the plumbing working.

This is a great topic to post on the forum, thank you.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

If you don't like to eat or drink garlic..one other way to have them absorbed in your system ...take a handful of garlic pods, crush them coarsely drop them into a bucket of hot water, just hot enough to keep your feet in for 10 minutes try it thrice a day and you cold flies away.

4. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 5 years ago

brewing some cayenne pepper with lemon and honey for a warm drink works well too.